Thread: hypochlorous acid for COVID

Registered Male (Not Verified)

hypochlorous acid for COVID

So I just got back from visiting my parents along with my sister. My parents are elderly so we take precautions arriving at their house. I go for the small bottle of Purell I've been keeping in the car and my sister stops me. She brings out a little spray bottle from her purse and advised me to use it instead. I trust her since she is a pediatrician. I spray my hands and after rubbing them together for a drying effect I then smell my hands and little to nothing could be detected from smell. I asked her what it was and she advised it is hypochlorous acid and then explained it's better for you than Lysol or any hand sanitizers since there's no added chemical compounds. She also explains that it's better for killing germs and virus. Just FYI in case anyone hates the smell of hand sanitizers or Lysol.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    that should work well.

Another example of hypochlorous acid used for disinfecting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-tunnel.html

Registered - not validated
    Interesting never came across this before. Did a little research seems like the shelf life can be iffy on this product, anywhere from 4 hours to 30 days. So factoring manufacturing, distribution times you would need to be careful when buying ready made solutions. Ideally it seems you should make it at home, which apparently is fairly easy to do, there are commercially available devices to produce it on demand. I’d probably prefer the route of making it. Otherwise seems like a totally legit product.