Thread: COVID 19 Vaccine clinical trial participants needed

Registered Male (Not Verified)

COVID 19 Vaccine clinical trial participants needed

Benchmark research is looking for paid volunteers to be vaccinated and followed to see if a vaccine being developed is effective. This is phase 3 part of the study, so it is already felt to be safe. If you are selected, it will entail at least 6 blood draws as well as keeping a log of symptoms with monthly phone visits. I believe the duration is 22 months. Compensation is over a 1000 dollars. As the hobbyist community and companions may be at higher risk, i felt some may be interested. Website is http://www.benchmarkresearch.net/hom...ate-in-a-study
    I am not associated with the study, but did submit an application.
    Stay safe out there.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    i wont get the vaccine even when its on the market..... js

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I tried, but I recently got diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and that got me booted off the list.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Since when did this site become a.m. radio?

Quote Originally Posted by ridemcowboy View Post
    i wont get the vaccine even when its on the market..... js
    Yep, not gonna need it anyway most likely. The vast majority of people don't seem to realize what a vaccine is anyway. A vaccine is you being injected with dead viral cells or weakened viral cells. The bottom line is your body has to create the antibodies either way. Period. A vaccine is not some special medicine other than it's slightly weaker or dead to help you deal with it more easily. However, your body still has to produce protein antibodies and if your immune system can't or can't stay ahead of the viral infection (i.e. SARS-COV-2 not COVID <---- that's the result of when ur body can't keep up) then you get sick and/or ultimately get very sick and possibly die (same with the flu, same with any viral load). Period. End of story.
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
    Yep, not gonna need it anyway most likely. The vast majority of people don't seem to realize what a vaccine is anyway.
    Fascinating, unsubstantiated insight from an un-credentialed, Silly ****** Message Board, immunologist who also provides advice on Vmware resource administration and DNS lookup. One-stop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by saustin View Post
    Fascinating, unsubstantiated insight from an un-credentialed, Silly ****** Message Board, immunologist who also provides advice on Vmware resource administration and DNS lookup. One-stop shop.
    I dont know exactly what your issue is, saustin, but it's getting pretty childish now.

First of all uncredentialed is essentially everyone here b/c people aren't willing to put their credentials out here openly (for damn good reason). That does *NOT* mean people don't post opinions or even objective data and research though.

Secondly, I don't think you understand the word unsubstantiated b/c that is simply incorrect usage. It is substantiated. Furthermore, you yourself could substantiate it.

The entire issue surrounding the covid debate about lethality is highly polarized political climates. Unfortunately the clown known as Trump has created a situation where the two competing scientific theories here are aligned with each political party agenda. The liberal establishment, which I'm far more comfortable with and supportive of, sees (particularly mainstream outlets) as being the dissenting view from aligned with that clown Trump. That guy doesn't his know his *ss from a hole in the ground; it just so happens though that in this case the opposing scientific view (and therefore seen as, "dissenting", from liberal viewpoints) is actually correct. It's not Trump who is right. He's a clown who got lucky in being correct for all the wrong reasons.

The lethality issue is why I think you have an issue with this entire topic, b/c you disagree so vehemently, with no real data, no facts, nor any postulates of your own. Interesting.

Thirdly, the point of the post had nothing to do with lethality or dangers of covid. It was simply about vaccines. And if you think what I said is unsubstantiated then I can no longer even communicate with someone who is that belligerent and defiantly obstinate to commonly known 11th & 12th grade level biology science.

If you honestly think the *other* argument is unsubstantiated, I will happily point you to the 50+ antibody studies, Dr Mittledorf, Dr Katz, world renowned Stanford professor Dr John Ioannidis (famed for his paper nearly 2 decades ago on flawed scientific data - whom has called this entire debacle [paraphrased] "baffling, unbelievable, and utter garbage"), the team of 100s of scientists (all listed as authors on those studies). Mittledorf, an MIT and Columbia professor, astrophysicist and 20yr+ Ph.D epidemiologist said in his article he was "ashamed of the scientific community for being complicit in such nonsense".

“We demonstrate that the United Kingdom’s lockdown was both superfluous and ineffective.”
    — [Homburg and Kuhbandner].

Dr. Knut Wittkowski has said the same and did an 1.5hr long video debate on it and totally trashed the opposing expert who ultimately aquiesced, and verbally admitted it in the video, to Wittkowski's vastly superior data models and sheets as well as statistical methods. If you really want all of it I will do a separate post and put all the studies, all the video links, the actual CDC data (direct from the CDC and WHO no less!), which Wittkowski and all the other scientists used in their own data presentation and studies, all the articles, all the preprint servers (50-100k+ studies total now), etc...

Fourthly, I *am* a scientist. Sheesh. BUT furthermore you don't need to be a scientist, or a genius, or any such thing, to understand the basics and the crux of this absurd debacle our society is in right now.

Btw, no, NOT the vaccine argument above... frankly that's just laughably silly that you even mentioned it. As if it's somehow wrong That's such basic H.S. level molecular biology any tool on earth can verify it in literally 5min (no joke). I'm talking about the larger issue as to why you are such a detractor of mine lately (which again was NOT even the point of this post).

PS I am also reporting your behavior. I was very nice to you in the locker room upon my return, even after your callous quips, and yet you still come back for more?? Why? Do you actually think you can beat me in a scientific argument let alone a verbal game of raconteuring or repartee? The latter is even more ridiculous than the former. I will absolutely thrash you in that department.

Yes, this last part is purposely alpha once again b/c I'm not going to keep listening to your nonsense and even more importantly watch you cause others to ignore basic fucking science (if they are uninformed)! You don't respect people, you don't respect science, you don't respect opinions, and you're being a jerk.

I'm reporting you, blocking you, and asking for a COS. Please stop.
    Last edited by mathguy; 07-20-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    -MG

The points for hijacking this thread start now. The bickering is not welcome here.

Considered yourselves warned.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Companion Companion lovingcamela's Avatar
    Some of us are one-liners where others of us write essays.
    Southwest Austin Companion, High Quality FBSM
    FSBM 240/hr ~ Companion dates 400/hr
    Mommy Dates 500/hr
    512 Nine20 33Five9
    P313094 I have a NO review policy. NO EXPLICIT MESSAGES
    Artbycamela.net/wp~camelacamela@protonmail.com

Verified Companion Companion NikkiGhost's Avatar
    I have a brain boner rn

Quote Originally Posted by lovingcamela View Post
    Some of us are one-liners where others of us write essays.
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGhost View Post
    I have a brain boner rn
    Thx you georgeous, sexy, smart, ladies!
    -MG