Thread: New Orleans Brothels During WW2

Registered Male (Not Verified) Brer Rabbit's Avatar

New Orleans Brothels During WW2

An interesting story from the WW2 Museum about the oldest profession as practiced in Big Easy during WW2.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/wa...on-new-orleans

This points to a combination of hypocritical morality, prejudice against women, racial prejudice, and fueled by rampant ignoring of safe sex practices. I get it that soldiers needed to be medically fit for duty when shipped out for combat duty.

My guess is that condoms were either unavailable due to rationing of rubber products for “more important” military use of latex, or simply not a very high priority for the ladies or soldiers.

Maybe liberal supplying of condoms to the soldiers and to the brothels and mandatory use would have been a better use of resources rather than equating the women to Nazis.

Geez, a good lay by a New Orleans Lady may well have been the first and last piece of ass some of these farm boys ever had before giving their lives for their country.
    Chasin those bunny tails!

Good read. Keep em coming Sir

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Love that ww2 museam

Registered Male (Not Verified) Brer Rabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Footfein00 View Post
    Love that ww2 museam
    Yes, everybody should go at least once. It’s huge and always changing, rotating thousands of items it keeps in a separate warehouse. I have a relative that is a living WW2 vet, soon to be 94. I’ve taken him several times. The museum gives them VIP treatment.
    Chasin those bunny tails!