Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Economy: Where are we now?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Ben Rhimene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpernickel View Post
    I buy almost anything that bleeds heavy.
    Sounds like a fetish...no judgement here...

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This was my first time ever to play with stocks. I made a few bets like Under Armour, Carnival Cruise, delta & tesla and almost all of them worked for me. During lock down all I did was read up the history and necessity of stocks and picked those.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron02h View Post
    This was my first time ever to play with stocks. I made a few bets like Under Armour, Carnival Cruise, delta & tesla and almost all of them worked for me. During lock down all I did was read up the history and necessity of stocks and picked those.
    The tell tale is when the dip comes, if you're set up to buy more. Not necessarily hit the bid and bail, out of fear.

I mean this momentum is nuts. We're near pre covid levels, we are printing money, you have society living free right now. I think they'll extend those benefits to mid 2021. But there's going to be a time, when it stops and it'll rip.

I have tenants on rent relief. If they don't extend, they owe me my rent lump sum Jan 1. They can't afford that. If I don't get paid, that costs me where else I would spend cause I need to cover that bill.

We're hoping central banks continue to mask the damage, and the vaccine resolves the society issue. At minimum, I think that happens till June 2021 for the central bank, but vaccine wise we need a healthy % of the population fully vaccinated. That means both shots. If it comes out in April, that'll take till winter before we get decent numbers. Bankruptcies are one thing that have zero cares for that. Going broke is the one thing that'll still lose. If you go broke, you're screwed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3