Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Italian Food

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed)
    Pane Vino Osteria in Addison, Beltline just west of DNT. Good stuff. Only place I found edible after spending some time in Italy.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Avanti in Uptown Dallas is best I've experienced in Dallas thus far

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    +1 for Jimmys. Every Italian American in Dallas will concur. Most Italian restaurants in Dallas are owned by Albanians...not that that is a bad thing...just a thing.

Verified Companion Companion
    How has no one said Bucca di Beppo's yet? They're the best, hand's down. And the bread is to die for!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I thought it was time to clarify the list from a true Italian. One that has lived there and loves the country.
    First off Dallas is a not known for good Italian food like New York, San Diego, Chicago or even St. Louis(The Hill). However, they do have some that I frequent because they are Italian owned and I can request a traditional meal.
    In no preference its all based on what I fancy as they say:
    Zio Cecio on Lovers
    Taverna on Knox
    Sassetta on Hi Line
    Partenope on Main St

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Probably the only one I like RN is Terilli’s https://www.terillis.com/
    Respectfully, It has been about four years since I have been to Zio Cecio, but that place was awful. Tiny portions, high prices, hovering boorish service. The place was run by an Indian American, no offense, the interior is pretty, but the food sucks. It seemed like the restaurant was run by someone without restaurant experience. Good Italian is abondanza, and a welcoming atmosphere.

They are closed now but there was a fabulous place on Maple near the Old Warsaw, I think it was called La Pergola. Another good one was Patrizio’s in Highland Park Village. I agree Jimmy’s had good food but it is a market.

Campisi’s is OK, but IMHO there is no really great Italian place in Dallas, high end or pizza pasta low end. For pizza Piggie’s Pies on Greenville is very good and Mike the owner is great.

I’ll have to try Sassetta on Hi Line and Partenope.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskyepl View Post
    I thought it was time to clarify the list from a true Italian. One that has lived there and loves the country.
    First off Dallas is a not known for good Italian food like New York, San Diego, Chicago or even St. Louis(The Hill). However, they do have some that I frequent because they are Italian owned and I can request a traditional meal.
    In no preference its all based on what I fancy as they say:
    Zio Cecio on Lovers
    Taverna on Knox
    Sassetta on Hi Line
    Partenope on Main St

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    NavXoXo,
    Buca Di Beppo near Stonebriar Mall used to be good but my family went there for Thanksgiving and the food was terrible, service was subpar, the hallways near the bathrooms smelled of sewage, and the hostess at the front acted like everyone had Covid even though we were masked. Love the decor still with the lights inside but it's no longer a good place to eat.

I know I bumped an older thread but wanted to warn everyone not to waste any money in that place. It's like post-apocalyptic Buca. Just a few months ago, it was pretty good.
    Last edited by Trailblazer7; 11-28-2020 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Additional comment
    The original Trailblazer is back - like an aged bourbon! Lifetime P411!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2