Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Would you date someone you met in hobby world?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’ve thought about it with one or two providers I’ve met on here and wondered if I met her in a different setting(NON HOBBY) I thought we would hit it off. Now I’m one of those guys who don’t always have SEX ON THE BRAIN. Sex isn’t as important to me than communication and personality. But then again, I also watch how these girls handle their clients on here to give me an idea of what’s she’s like in the real world to determine if she’s worth it. Things like that show me how she treats a SO.
    DATY ENTHUSIAST

Verified Companion Companion Katrina's Avatar
    As long as the person is the right one, it doesn't matter where they met!
    I did it for a year and it still didn't work for other reasons that weren't the hobby ...
    260 HHR
    400 HR

Menu is pretty match open but I have boundaries

🚫greek
    🚫 bbfs so don't ask you will be block and reported
    🚫 pictures or video🚫
    🚫I'm not dating🚫

no longer here; her choice
    at the closing galactic center, mocking the enemy & evil laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rhimene View Post
    Dating IS lame. I view it as a necessary evil. You have a number of needs you want met and they require a partner, so it is a bit of an interview.

You will usually find you give up things you did not expect to, but also (hopefully) get things you didn't expect to recieve. As long as that equation is positive it is a good "deal" you have found. Some find it easier to accept bumps in the road (cyclicality) in this equation but others do not.

I tend to tske the longer-dated view of things, but do NOT but up with BS that breaks the boundaries I set.
    So I meant dating as in the searching for a mate part. Personally I’ve hardly ever searched for a mate with online dating or the like.

The most distasteful part is the increased pressure of having to live up to what that person is looking for, and the pretense ppl show up with to represent themselves. There is the air of judgement and weighing out your character with more intensity than a random meeting. I notice when ppl are searching for a mate through dating sites they more than likely are checking off qualities on their list. This throws the dynamic off and having a good time and simply enjoying the moment gets somewhat thwarted by the excessive judgement.

I find organic connections more pleasing. The courtship is based on actually being able to see how the person moves, smiles, walks, talks, smells, treats other ppl, if they are competent ect. and not just a still picture. What can you tell about someone from a picture? Not much imo.

I think making a connection with someone here is probably more likely to go better since you have a sense of the person since you’ve already “met” ;) ;), so to say.

I’ve seen a handful or so of relationships start here, and I’m actually surprised at all of the accounts mentioned here. I think when the typical board bosses (mind you they themselves brag about having a gf they found in the booty club and now taking care of her kid and tuition) dont come immediately shutting down the discussion with their “the hobby is the hobby and you shouldn’t cross the line, ever” rhetoric, you find many ppl here doing natural good ol’ ppl stuff.

In short, a large part of me agrees with this standard of keeping the lines drawn; however saying never is unrealistic and can be straight up sabotage.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Ben Rhimene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love View Post
    So I meant dating as in the searching for a mate part. Personally I’ve hardly ever searched for a mate with online dating or the like.
    That doesn't really surprise me as attractive ladies will be approached. For guys who work in a sector which is heavily male the organic opportunities are fewer. I suspect each of us has a dynamic which impacts tge numbers game on that front so I don't judge those who do or those who do not.

saying never is unrealistic and can be straight up sabotage.
    Agree with that 100%. Having rules makes it easier to navigate the world of decision-making and leads to more consistent outcomes. No rule is perfect, and those among us who are wise acknowledge that reality.

no longer here; her choice
    at the closing galactic center, mocking the enemy & evil laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rhimene View Post
    That doesn't really surprise me as attractive ladies will be approached.

This is true. Especially when we’re not being reclusive... bc, going out with the least bit of freshly fucked pheromones fuming is a recipe for a bunch of stares and salivating. Like don’t make eye contact with anyone if you’re not in the mood to be approached.

Agree with that 100%. Having rules makes it easier to navigate the world of decision-making and leads to more consistent outcomes. No rule is perfect, and those among us who are wise acknowledge that reality.
    Yeah I’m all about the no rules, like I say, for about 2 1/2weeks out of the month, then I have a bunch of fucking rules. Too old for traditional rules, just old enough to still want to implement some on a monthly bases and definitely not old enough to say the hell with sex all together. I just want to use it till I lose it! *shrugs*
    Last edited by Ebony Jasmine Love; 06-12-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    As long as the person is the right one, it doesn't matter where they met!
    I did it for a year and it still didn't work for other reasons that weren't the hobby ...
    +1 Awesome reply. Agree totally.

The most distasteful part is the increased pressure of having to live up to what that person is looking for, and the pretense ppl show up with to represent themselves. There is the air of judgement and weighing out your character with more intensity than a random meeting. I notice when ppl are searching for a mate through dating sites they more than likely are checking off qualities on their list. This throws the dynamic off and having a good time and simply enjoying the moment gets somewhat thwarted by the excessive judgement.

I find organic connections more pleasing. The courtship is based on actually being able to see how the person moves, smiles, walks, talks, smells, treats other ppl, if they are competent ect. and not just a still picture. What can you tell about someone from a picture? Not much imo.

I think making a connection with someone here is probably more likely to go better since you have a sense of the person since you’ve already “met” ;) ;), so to say.

I’ve seen a handful or so of relationships start here, and I’m actually surprised at all of the accounts mentioned here. I think when the typical board bosses (mind you they themselves brag about having a gf they found in the booty club and now taking care of her kid and tuition) dont come immediately shutting down the discussion with their “the hobby is the hobby and you shouldn’t cross the line, ever” rhetoric, you find many ppl here doing natural good ol’ ppl stuff.

In short, a large part of me agrees with this standard of keeping the lines drawn; however saying never is unrealistic and can be straight up sabotage.
    Jas I just noticed this one.... very nice!

I really think you hit the hail on the nead. Oops. I mean, nail on the head. Lol. That's called a spoonerism (transposing a letter or sound at the beginning of word/s in a phrase).

I taught it was a great example of how we lose the organic nature of meeting people and dating. Online dating & meeting is still great. My marriage, though it ended for other reasons, was a result of online dating. Best sex ever too... best. Mmm mmm. Sheeeit!! Lol One provider who was also a gf or "snuggle buddy/fwb" is on par. Well, wait, actually two. No one else though. Nvm. Getting off track lol. Overall yea I think there's an organic element absent when dating based on preconceived notions built from a super detailed profile.

^ Not a typo above ("taught" vs "thought"). I did it on purpose. You get two new words today lol

This second speech/writing blunder is a malapropism: using the wrong word but it usually rhymes with the intended word or the spellings are similar.

As opposed to something like, "I taught I saw a putty tat!". That's technically a type of phonemic disorder where the person substitutes incorrect letters. Similar to a lisp but a lisp is specifically those who can't pronounce /s/ correctly substituting /th/: "I'll pass for now" becomes "I'll path for now".
    -MG

Registered Male (Not Verified) pyro's Avatar
    I do but only one hour at a time.
    Its nothing personal, its just business...

(don’t ever go against the family...)

py

Getting My Ass Beat By My Trainer😆 Alyssaxoxo2016@hushmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy12 View Post
    But then again, I also watch how these girls handle their clients on here to give me an idea of what’s she’s like in the real world to determine if she’s worth it. Things like that show me how she treats a SO.
    Only speaking for myself: The way I am with my RW S.O is completely opposite of the hobby. You can't even compare the two. The two worlds are completely separate and don't even come close. The hobby is a business transaction. If you leave feeling like it wasn't, then the Provider did her job well. And that's all that matters at the end of the day
    I Am ALWAYS LEANER Than My Pics Portray/NO PHOTOSHOP/NEWBIE FRIENDLY
    Alyssaxoxo2016@hushmail.com
    CHECK OUT ALL of MY REVIEWS On ECCIE https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2828586
    https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2827795

Hispanic/Native American/Filipino 34E-25-35/120lbs/5'5 TRULY Athletic/Lean/Tight Firm Obliques
    *NAME
    *LINE OF OCCUPATION
    NBA/REPUBLICAN/BLUE LIVES MATTER
    $225HR/$300 90MIN/$400 2HR
    http://www.preferred411.com/P122770

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4