Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: moving to austin and need some advice on location

Anywhere close to the domain seems pretty good but I mean with a name like Punky Brewster who wouldn’t drive out of their way to meet you? ����

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Welcome to Austin, PB. While the area you are/were moving to is a little out of the way for some of us, it is a nice, safe area...and like Jatx83 mentioned..."Punky Brewster"...lots of us Gen X'ers have fond memories of that name. :-)
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I just saw your pics. We have a spare room I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind if you stayed with us. Seriously though that area can have horrific traffic especially at rush hour. It may scare people off who don't want to sit in that traffic. You'll find that Austin is a city that has few highways and mostly what were farm to market roads that now have to handle way more traffic than they were ever designed for.

If all you’re offering is cam shows, stay where you’re at. Austin rents are higher than just about any city than Dallas. Marble Falls or Hutto are reasonability affordable and 1 gig internet is available.
    Hopeless Romantic with a Twisted Mind and High Standards

Verified Companion Companion Punky BrewsterXXX's Avatar
    Im telling ya'll the housing market is insane in Austin! So lools like I'm thinking of cedar park. Is that too far for most hobbiest? I could do much longer appointments if I were to get a place out there

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky BrewsterXXX View Post
    Im telling ya'll the housing market is insane in Austin! So lools like I'm thinking of cedar park. Is that too far for most hobbiest? I could do much longer appointments if I were to get a place out there
    Cedar park is in wilco.. avoid the hobby in Williamson county.

Verified Companion Companion Punky BrewsterXXX's Avatar
    Why is that?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Law Enforcement

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Williamson County is historically conservative in views/morals. The LE/DA strike down hard on the illicit sex industry there.

That said, there are successful providers that work in Williamson County.

If you're considering Cedar Park, you might consider the opposite direction like south Austin or even Buda to San Marcos. When you see the north vs south Austin discussions, it seems south Austin may be lacking in variety of providers. The opposing view is that it looks like there's plenty of (tech) money along with potential clients in north Austin.

I'll caution that the afternoon commute on northbound US 183 is rather awful. You'll have to look at historical traffic info (google maps can help) since there's a lot of work from home these days.

The other issues that come into play are traditional measures like quality of the schools, taxes, nearby amenities, etc. Probably outside the scope of this discussion.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky BrewsterXXX View Post
    Don't know what your time constraints are, but if you can hold off on signing a lease right now (or buying a home), I think you are going to see a substantial drop in rental prices (and home sale prices) here, when people on forbearance plans are no longer protected by the city and are (eventually) evicted/foreclosed on.

I know of a few ladies who are doing the extended stay thing versus renting outright because (they claim) it is cheaper right now, given the lack of tourism to the city. This would give you an opportunity to try different parts of town first, to see which part of town would suit you best, not only for the hobby, but the other parts of your life as well.

Just some thoughts.
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2