Thread: For those bored and in need of something new to watch

Verified Hobbyist BCD

For those bored and in need of something new to watch

Amazon Prime has uploaded around 35 films meant for sxsw 2020 for free at the moment. One I’ve been anticipating is Modern Wh0r3 that examines the experience of a sex worker with hobbyist board culture. In a short 13 minutes I felt this doc did justice to both the highs and lows of the “hobby” or sex work. Would love to hear opinions from providers and how this measures to their own experiences or any other general thoughts. Hope to hear from you

BANNED MULTIPLE HANDLE VIOLATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfunky69 View Post
    Amazon Prime has uploaded around 35 films meant for sxsw 2020 for free at the moment. One I’ve been anticipating is Modern Wh0r3 that examines the experience of a sex worker with hobbyist board culture. In a short 13 minutes I felt this doc did justice to both the highs and lows of the “hobby” or sex work. Would love to hear opinions from providers and how this measures to their own experiences or any other general thoughts. Hope to hear from you
    Call me crazy but I would prefer as little attention were paid to his corner of the internet as possible.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I don't know. I like seeing the other side of a story. But most film was spoiled for me in college when I took a Film Appreciation class. What I learned was that a good actress/actor make you forget the world you are in and believe that their world in the film is the real world. But the fact is that no matter what the story is based on, it's still a story.

I love topless bars, mostly because I love the ladies. But as much as I do, it's still just a fantasy. I've known a lot of dancers & i get that. Some guys may take home a dancer but for the majority she's just a fantasy & always will be.

I'm trying to get restarted in hobbying but I'm not going to fool myself about whether or not she loves me or if she's my latest GF. It is what it is. There will be a time together, any exchange of gifts, mutual respect and with any luck mutual fun. And then we are gone. We separate with a new understanding of each other, good, bad, but not likely indifferent!

I like to remember to keep things in perspective. In the real world where you have real emotional expectations, it's hard to do sometimes. I know, I love ladies & fall in love about every 15 minutes. Oh how I wish...

But in this other works I hope I'll be able to maintain perspective and value the experience for what it is... an experience

So... I liked the short, but it was still just a film.

Stay safe & Happy hobbying.

TNT