Thread: State of the Economy

Registered Male (Not Verified)

State of the Economy

I am a nobody, but I do have an MBA from a crappy state school. So here is my State of The Economy.

Stimulus Check: Where is it?
    SBA Loan for Small Businesses (PPP, EIDL): Maxed out with funding for less than 10% of business receiving funds
    New Unemployment Claims: 22 Million
    Stock Market: Screwed

The average recession comes every 10-14 years and lasts for an average of 3-7 years. I have little doubt that we are entering a recession.

If anyone has any financial related questions or concerns I can give you some crappy advice.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD77 View Post
    I am a nobody, but I do have an MBA from a crappy state school. So here is my State of The Economy.

Stimulus Check: Where is it? (Just released yesterday from the U.S. Treasury Dept., physical checks will begin to go out on April 24th. It will take "months" to get them all issued.)
    SBA Loan for Small Businesses (PPP, EIDL): Maxed out with funding for less than 10% of business receiving funds. (Correct! I am part of the unfunded 90% of businesses. I am clueless on how I will pay my staff come May 1 with everything shut down, NO reserve funds left and NO new business coming in.)
    New Unemployment Claims: 22 Million (Make that 22,000,003 come May 1.)
    Stock Market: Screwed (Only if you are an average investor. Plenty of money to be made by Wall St. "Fat Cats" if your in the loop with the stock market making wild daily swings.)

The average recession comes every 10-14 years and lasts for an average of 3-7 years. I have little doubt that we are entering a recession. (Ever hear of the "Great Depression?" We may be heading into the "Great Recession" if not the "Second Great Depression."

If anyone has any financial related questions or concerns I can give you some crappy advice.
    I won't argue against your last sentence. You said it.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

OP's Subject Title: "State of the Economy"

Answer = *currently* fucked
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I will stay optimistic. We have weathered worse. Yes it will be very unfortunate for a lot of people. That’s a fucking shame. But most of us will survive. I hope I’m right.

The worst thing that can happen is that we let ignorance, fear and hatred overtake us. If we ever needed a time to consider our fellow human beings with love and compassion, this is the time.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Topic is not hobby related.

Moved to the proper forum.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD WahDahTah's Avatar
    Man I wish I had somewhere to stash five thousand barrels of oil right now

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Dang the Airlines need to be buying it... and the US needs to fill their oil reserves ...!!!! I paid 2 bucks for diesel yesterday... Damn....damn...!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    SouthWest is probably stocking up.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This price will hurt Texas & other oil states.. & the small drillers - companies are going to be gobbled up my the big boyz.. I just hope this big Boyz survive.. and don't get bought by the Chinese

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    It's always darkest before the dawn. Last history has shown that when the government (any government) steps in to help recessions and depression last longer. When they don't do anything the free market corrects it self quickly.

At least there are opportunities that come from these situations. Now let's line up with our five gallon Homer buckets and get our oil ration

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    NEVER take financial advise from a ****** board... IJS.

Quote Originally Posted by OldYeller2 View Post
    NEVER take financial advise from a ****** board... IJS.
    All business models are based off of the oldest profession in the world

You think it is bad now, just wait until the politicians realize their coffers are empty due to no sales tax revenue. After screwing us over by shutting our businesses down, they are going to raise taxes on us! G#D forbid any public employee miss a paycheck during their 8 week paid vacation! Oh yea, they will probably all want a pay raise next year because they work soooo hard and are soooo underpaid!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    My deal is.. ALL this $$$ that is going out from the Federal Govt.... what is is coming from..?? Yes it will help many-- and we DO need to keep the economy going or we are POKED... how will it be repaid.. higher taxes....?? Sue China... ask Pelosi to sell off her Ice Cream & Sub Zero Frigs...??