Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
I'm holding out to see when the Z06 comes out and to see what the performance of it will be. I will have one hell of an internal conflict between the red and blue. I had a laguna blue 2016 z06 and it was a beautiful car.
DJ, I just picked up a C7 a few weeks ago as my weekender (and maybe 1 day/week if the weather cooperates). My Vette guy at the local dealer told me '23 for the Z06 and '25 for the ZR1, which is projected to displace 1000HP. He said the ZR1 will be known as "Zora" if I'm remembering it correctly. He told me that none of this was carved in stone, but since his office is located in the Corvette building apart from the actual dealer and every single item in his office has something to do with Vettes, I'd say he knows as much as anyone else. He visits Bowling Green, KY a few times a year as well as the Ron Fellows performance driving school in Las Vegas, NV at least annually. Makes me jealous AF.

Not sure what to recommend as far as color. Blue definitely speaks to me more than the red, but it's your decision. When I was deciding on a color several months back, red just seemed to scream "mid-life crisis!", but I worked myself through that, although I chose a different color. Seeing the C8 up close, I have to say they are indeed impressive. The dimensions are radically different from the C7. Personally speaking, though, I get the chills whenever I encounter a 1 or 2 year old ZR1 or Z06 - more so than the C8.

The only gremlin I'm familiar with on the C8 is its understeer, but I've never test-driven one.

Curious why you got rid of the Z06.

MCL