Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the 2020 C8 Corvette?

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar

Any thoughts on the 2020 C8 Corvette?

Elkhart Lake Blue

corvette_stingray_2020_3__392f6eea7f7331236e800659c7ca642afc5917eb.jpg

Torch Red

MMc801.jpg

I love the lines and the cost ($70,000-$75,000 for a nicely loaded Z51) really isn't bad when things are calculated in. A lot of R and D went into this mid-engine car. I wouldn't even consider a first year car where the engine went from the front to the mid area of the car. This car will probably be in the area of 2.8-2.9 zero to 60. There are a lot of gremlins that could come up. Still in all, it's one hell of a car and a lot of bang for the buck.

I lean toward the blue one, however I would have totally black rims and black lug nuts.
    Last edited by DEAR _JOHN; 04-08-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    I like the blue. However, you said it yourself, first year cars are notoriously full of bugs. You may want to consider waiting until next year or keep holding out for discounts on the 2020 because of current economic issues. I believe, based upon economic history, shutting down of the economy is going to have long term negative impact. The return of inflation being a huge concern.

I remember Nixon, Ford and Carter all struggling with inflation throughout the 1970’s.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    They look incredible and the performance for the money is insane.
    What I look for during meetings: BBBJ, LFK, GFE, MSOG.

Thanks ladies, hope I get to meet many of y'all!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Ya I'm gonna roll a deposit for it.

I hate two door cars, but this one is essentially a poor man's Ferrari. I'm gonna put a deposit for the 2021 one but can imagine lots of deposits pushing back for 2020.

I'm going with red.

I'm holding out to see when the Z06 comes out and to see what the performance of it will be. I will have one hell of an internal conflict between the red and blue. I had a laguna blue 2016 z06 and it was a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    I'm holding out to see when the Z06 comes out and to see what the performance of it will be.
    Good call. Do you know when it is due to be out?

As for color, get the blue...then wrap it in a different color to suit your mood. You can then go back to blue anytime you want. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser98 View Post
    Good call. Do you know when it is due to be out?

As for color, get the blue...then wrap it in a different color to suit your mood. You can then go back to blue anytime you want. ;)
    There's nothing out yet on the Z06, but just people taking a guess.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Ben Rhimene's Avatar
    Elkhart Lake Blue
    Elkhart? As in Elkhart Indiana? What is blue in THAT hellhole? No lakes, and certainly no democrats!!!!

I grew up in Motown. We wouldn't name shit after Hoosiers.

I guess the game has changed...

I hope it's OK to bump an old thread on this forum.

Due to two knee surgeries and this china virus, I haven't been out of the house much. Plus it was really hard to find a dealership within easy driving distance to check one out. The dealerships just didn't have any in stock, plus the ones they had were already sold so nobody could sit in one.

Being 6'1" and 280, my main concern is would I be able to comfortably get in and out of the car without 'shoehorning' myself in and out. Actually this C8 felt a bit roomier than my C7.

I finally found one on the showroom floor at a local dealer and drove on over. Luckily they let me get in the car and check things out. Sadly for them, they were asking $20,000 over, plus it was a very base model without any bells and whistles.

Next up is to find a place I can get a test drive, and if I like it, will play the waiting game until the prices are MSRP or maybe lower then MSRP, but this won't be any time soon. I will also play the same waiting game for all the gremlins to disappear that always show up on new model cars.

Analysis..............beautiful car, great lines, mid-engine car at normal Corvette pricing from factory. Still a couple of gremlins, one being the frunk (front trunk where the engine would normally be) coming open when car is being driven, and there is something with the valve guides, but that's about all at this time.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    They'll come down soon. The county will face restrictions soon, q4 sales targets, etc., anything unsold that catches a fair bid will get POW POW hit. So don't worry about that. If conditions get worse between now and mid Dec on the china virus, re approach them and bid sub. They say no, say okay bring this into Q1 then. I bot a low 6 figure MSRP 2019 new car during this year's May slight reopening for very little relative to that. 1/3 the price.

You have got to go with the red DJ.....you know that

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Go with your gut Bro.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD Magna_Cum_Laude's Avatar
    I'm holding out to see when the Z06 comes out and to see what the performance of it will be. I will have one hell of an internal conflict between the red and blue. I had a laguna blue 2016 z06 and it was a beautiful car.
    DJ, I just picked up a C7 a few weeks ago as my weekender (and maybe 1 day/week if the weather cooperates). My Vette guy at the local dealer told me '23 for the Z06 and '25 for the ZR1, which is projected to displace 1000HP. He said the ZR1 will be known as "Zora" if I'm remembering it correctly. He told me that none of this was carved in stone, but since his office is located in the Corvette building apart from the actual dealer and every single item in his office has something to do with Vettes, I'd say he knows as much as anyone else. He visits Bowling Green, KY a few times a year as well as the Ron Fellows performance driving school in Las Vegas, NV at least annually. Makes me jealous AF.

Not sure what to recommend as far as color. Blue definitely speaks to me more than the red, but it's your decision. When I was deciding on a color several months back, red just seemed to scream "mid-life crisis!", but I worked myself through that, although I chose a different color. Seeing the C8 up close, I have to say they are indeed impressive. The dimensions are radically different from the C7. Personally speaking, though, I get the chills whenever I encounter a 1 or 2 year old ZR1 or Z06 - more so than the C8.

The only gremlin I'm familiar with on the C8 is its understeer, but I've never test-driven one.

Curious why you got rid of the Z06.

MCL
    "Skin it back, Jack. Let the smooth side groove and the rough side drag."

Quote Originally Posted by Magna_Cum_Laude View Post

Curious why you got rid of the Z06.

MCL
    2019 Hellcat Red Eye. With pulley, tune, demon springs, and drag radials............in perfect track and weather conditions is a 9.92 second car in the quarter. I've backed up the 9.92 with several other 9.9x runs, but can't get into the 9.8's. Still that's fast as hell for a car with air conditioning, nice radio, and other creature comforts. I never do weight delete and the car isn't a ragged out POS.

Oh, after seeing the red, the blue gets the nod.

Who is your go to guy for your Vette information? I made it by Corvette World today and saw around 5 C8's. Only 2 were Z51's, and most were marked up around 10K.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Magna_Cum_Laude's Avatar
    2019 Hellcat Red Eye. With pulley, tune, demon springs, and drag radials............in perfect track and weather conditions is a 9.92 second car in the quarter. I've backed up the 9.92 with several other 9.9x runs, but can't get into the 9.8's. Still that's fast as hell for a car with air conditioning, nice radio, and other creature comforts. I never do weight delete and the car isn't a ragged out POS.

Oh, after seeing the red, the blue gets the nod.

Who is your go to guy for your Vette information? I made it by Corvette World today and saw around 5 C8's. Only 2 were Z51's, and most were marked up around 10K.
    Sent you a PM w/contact info and name.

Hellcat is a serious machine. No insurance issues w/something that raw and powerful?

Hard to tell when the premium price for C8s will abate. When I picked up my C7 a few weeks ago, the buyer of a new red C8 climbed into it with an obvious look of satisfaction. My guy told me it was ordered 14 months ago. I know the 6-week shutdown at the Bowling Green plant really set production behind, but 14 months would seem like an eternity.

Some of the color schemes for the C8s are interesting. I usually cannot stand yellow, but with the C8, it's a beaute. Sebring orange is incredible. Zeus bronze is the rarest, but I did catch one there just prior to delivery. I'd like to see the Bowling Green Metallic come back.
    "Skin it back, Jack. Let the smooth side groove and the rough side drag."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast