Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plane frustrating

Verified Hobbyist BCD Ben Rhimene's Avatar

Plane frustrating

So as many of you know, CVK and I had plans to escape to the Faroe Islands during this pandemic. Unfortunately, those plans are on hold while she does mercy haircuts for those who do not comprehend English.

But it got me to thinking...where SHOULD I go once a bit of normalcy returns? As an FYI, the bailout packages to the airlines has instananeously raised prices. International venues were a few hundred bucks a week ago, but now closer to normal. BUT, Lufthansa thinks it will be more than a year before passenger counts return to pre-COVID numbers.

Call me optimistic, but airline bailouts won't last that long, meaning another drop in fares. Without trying to predict prices, I am interested in the ladies and gents piping up as to vacation destinations they would pull the trigger on if the price was right (and no offense, but let's get exotic locations instead of $50 a RT to Disney).

I will start...I have wanted to go to Hong Kong for the longest time.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Bangkok sounds like a nice vacation destination.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    Bangkok sounds like a nice vacation destination.
    Thanks Doc...I have always been intrigued by Bangkok, Thighland...will investigate for sure.

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar
    Ever been to Costa Rica or Rio?

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    Ever been to Costa Rica or Rio?
    I have definitely had the pleasure of travel to Rio. Heard nice things about Costa Rico but have not been yet. Tips?

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rhimene View Post
    I have definitely had the pleasure of travel to Rio. Heard nice things about Costa Rico but have not been yet. Tips?
    costaricaticas.com a great forum with lots of information. Round trip air in May, around $350 round trip, about 3.5 hours each way.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Retired Hobbyist (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    costaricaticas.com a great forum with lots of information. Round trip air in May, around $350 round trip, about 3.5 hours each way.

MY BROTHER...................!!!!!!!

Ben, listen to my friend, DEAR_JOHN.......!!! I have been to Costa Rica at least 8 times.......... You will NOT want to come back home.................

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Rio, for sure. Even w/ HELP closed, still good times to be had at the Termas. And the Real is like 5 to 1 USD now. Cost of a table dance or three will get you a girl for all night, msog, etc.
    Thailand - wonderful place. wonderful girls (but watch out for lady boys). As good as Rio, but a further flight. Not only Bangkok, but head to the beaches (Samui, Phucket) or up north (Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai).
    Costa Rica - good, but I prefer Rio and Thailand. Shorter flight.
    Singapore isn't bad and it's legal. Four floors. I don't recall name of other RLD (starts with a G, I think).
    Germany - FKK clubs. Legal.
    Canada isn't bad, either.

I'd like to try Colombia and the DR.

Quote Originally Posted by R1966 View Post
    Rio, for sure. Even w/ HELP closed, still good times to be had at the Termas. And the Real is like 5 to 1 USD now. Cost of a table dance or three will get you a girl for all night, msog, etc.

I'd like to try Colombia and the DR.
    Never made it to Help. Government cleaned up all the well-known action sites ahead of the World Cup...just pushed them underground or onto the streets. Need to be mindful of lady boys there as well.

I have heard great things about Colombia and DR, and not just with respect to women.

I started this thread for 2 reasons. First, in monitoring airfare rates gobally I was shocked at how cheap accessing the globe was for a brief window once COVID was in full force. It also shows how quickly things rebounded once a stimulus package was in place for airlines. If Lufthansa is correct about full recovery being > a year the airlines will need to drop prices again to lure holiday travelers. So it made sense to start thinking of where to go if/when that happens.

Second reason, and perhaps most important in the moment, is I read one of the best things you can do when in lock down mode is think & plan how to spend your time once lock down ends. It provides something positive about the not-too-distant future. Given Houston has a very international population, and some of us get to travel to exotic locations for work, it seemed like a good audience to use as a sounding board. And, to be clear, while I appreciate the intel on finding ladies, I truly am looking for gender neutral ideas. Best places you have played golf, hunted, cultural events, sporting events, etc. I worked with a guy once who took his vacations to hunt somewhere unique each year. I never would have thought about Argentina in that light, so I am looking for similar eye-opening ideas.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Bouvet Island,parachute is required, you will not return!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Devildog72's Avatar
    I would say It all depends on what you enjoy or are interested in...

Beach:
    - If you are a beach goer, Costa Rica is a great option and is not as commercial as Cancun, etc... I used to have a house in Jaco and loved it. Remember most beaches (unless you are on the peninsula) are black sand due to active volcanos, but they are cool to see as well.

- Also, if you want to travel farther, Okinawa or Malaysia have wonderful beaches and resorts.

Europe:
    - I loved Italy. Rome is very busy and a great place to watch people. However, I am a sucker for a little slower pace and great wine. So, obviously, Tuscany is my favorite. I enjoyed Florence but Sienna was my favorite. I literally ate and drank my way through Italy.

- Speaking of drinking. If you enjoy whiskey, then Scotland and Ireland are a lot of fun. I stayed in Dufftown for a week and a half just touring distilleries.

- If you like architecture, I highly recommend Istanbul, Turkey. Over the last few thousand years it has changed from Christian to Muslim and back so many times that the architecture is layered on top each other. Nothing like it if you enjoy that kind of stuff.

I am not a cold weather person so I normally stay shy of the northern counties, etc...

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    All great suggestions by Devildog...
    Along with Malaysia, I'd add Cambodia. Angkor Wat is magnificent.
    Love Italy as well. Pompeii is fascinating. Plenty to see in Rome. Florence/Tuscany great.
    Turkey - great place. Istanbul was nice but just another big city. Head east to Cappadocia.
    Agree, Scotland and Ireland are a blast. Didn't see Nellie though.

Argentina as mentioned above. Buenos Aires is a gorgeous city.

Moscow - fantastic city.

Poland - Warsaw was interesting. Was going to head to Krakow/Auschwitz, but discovered the local buffalo vodka so the next day was shot. One of these days I'll head back to see this part of Poland; likely also add Budapest. Croatia / Slovakia is supposed to have some beautiful places.

Egypt is fascinating. Just have lots of small bills for all the tips that are requested. Pyramids are awesome. Vallley of the Kings even better. On the to do list are Israel and Jordan.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Devildog72's Avatar
    I also agree Buenos Aires is spectacular. I think my next big trip is going to be through there. I have gone to every continent except Antarctica. They have a cruise that goes from Buenos Aires. Just a bucket list thing to say I have been in every one as well as go play with the penguins. I will deal with the cold for that.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    same here - all 6 continents except Antarctica. On my bucket list, as well. More or less 50 countries so far. A few others high on my list to check out: Viet Nam, New Zealand, S. Africa/Botswana/Zimbabwe, Peru & Ecuador/Galapagos. So many places, not enough time.

Great input gents.

I have done BA and Istanbul. Is Cappadocia where the caves and hot air ballooning are?

I have done the Scottish whisky and golf trip and need to do it again.

Admit I am light on Central America and the Carribean...need to change that.

For those looking for ideas Machu Picchu is amazing. I enjoyed Kruger in RSA for a safari.

Ladies, any thoughts? What are your dream destinations (achieved or wish list)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast