Thread: Can't access H2 on my desk computer anymore on most browsers

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.

Can't access H2 on my desk computer anymore on most browsers

I'm having a similar issue to what other users have reported with the TOR browser. However, it seems to be ALL of my available browsers now. Can't access H2 through my desk computer via Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer.

Am on my phone now with Puffin.

I'm getting the, "
    Sorry. The administrator has banned your ISP address" message.

So, what now? Download Google Chrome and hope that resolves the problem? Change proxy settings? Not quite sure how to do that, or what to change them TO?

I didn't have an issue until I tried to log on with Proton VPN (virtual private network) yesterday. Got the same message, went out and was able to log in as I regularly do though Firefox. This morning nothing seems to get me to H2 on my desk computer. Aaaaargh!!!

Any technical assistance greatly appreciated. Everything I know about computers I learned by hunting and pecking, and that method is not working at the moment.

Last edited by Fancyinheels; 04-24-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Okay, I'm back on H2 through my desktop. My Proton VPN was still on, apparently. I switched it off and came in via Firefox. Evidently this site cannot be accessed through some protective browsers and anonymous networks?

Would adjusting my proxy settings make any difference? How will that affect other applications on my computer?

Methinks such reconfiguration will take more Great Geek knowledge/experience/confidence than an Irish lass has, so never mind.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 04-24-2018 at 07:53 AM.

My theory is that H2 probably blocks access from a lot of European servers, which your TOR nodes often go through and I would guess the Proton VPN goes through as well.

I'm not familiar with the Proton VPN, but do they have multiple servers you can choose to go through? The VPN service I use (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) does and has servers all around the world, so I usually just go through a US server and haven't ever had any problems with H2 rejecting my IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by JBravo View Post
    My theory is that H2 probably blocks access from a lot of European servers, which your TOR nodes often go through and I would guess the Proton VPN goes through as well.

I'm not familiar with the Proton VPN, but do they have multiple servers you can choose to go through? The VPN service I use (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) does and has servers all around the world, so I usually just go through a US server and haven't ever had any problems with H2 rejecting my IP address.

Yes, Proton (same company as the secure encrypted email host) does offer different server choices in multiple countries. Making my way through the list.

This has been quite educational. Until recently I had no idea what VPNs, Tor, a proxy, nodes, or The Dark Net were! I feel like I've entered The Twilight Zone. (Appropriate enigmatic music plays in background, mixed with chihuahua whimper.)

Last edited by Fancyinheels; 04-24-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I have had an issue for a few days. I am not a tech type.

I was able to access ourhome2.net by typing "ourhome2.net" into search with my desk top computer settings on "private". The search function will not bring up ourhome2.net as a choice. I have to go back to some old emails from ourhome2.net click on ourhome2.net and then the log in page displays. Any ideas why?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by fancyinheels View Post
    Okay, I'm back on H2 through my desktop. My Proton VPN was still on, apparently. I switched it off and came in via Firefox. Evidently this site cannot be accessed through some protective browsers and anonymous networks?

Would adjusting my proxy settings make any difference? How will that affect other applications on my computer?

Methinks such reconfiguration will take more Great Geek knowledge/experience/confidence than an Irish lass has, so never mind.
    I've had similar issues with my ip addy being blocked when trying to logon to OH2 via ExpressVPN using Firefox.

Try using a different VPN city hub...that has worked for me. I prefer to use English speaking ones in Canada or the UK.

You are definitely able to access OH2 via a VPN, so don't assume you cannot.

I have been able to get on via Nord VPN. In the past, it was blocked. I am not sure what changed.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    In via France now but couldn't access via Canada or Finland earlier. For some reason, accessing from a US vpn site seemed counterproductive to me but maybe I was overthinking the security model.