Thread: Texas Supreme Temp. Halts Eviction Proceedings

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands

Texas Supreme Temp. Halts Eviction Proceedings

On March 19, the Texas Supreme Court issued an Order that No trial, hearing, or other proceeding, regarding residential evictions, may be conducted, and all deadlines are tolled, until after April 19, 2020. There are exceptions to the order. Commercial evictions are not affected by the March 19th Eviction Order. Also the commission of criminal acts by the lessee are an exception.

This has been a PSA by Ol' Doc.

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/1446203/209045.pdf

Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD helblindi's Avatar
    CARES Act puts a moratorium on landlords sending a notice of eviction for certain "covered properties" until July 24th. So even though Texas allows evictions, if the landlord has a "covered property," the notice of eviction can't go out until July.

What's a "covered property?"

"The CARES Act’s eviction protections only apply to “covered dwellings,” which are rental units in properties: (1) that participate in federal assistance programs, (2) are subject to a “federally backed mortgage loan,” or (3) are subject to a “federally backed multifamily mortgage loan.” "

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11320

How do you know if you live in a "covered property"? Ask. Some landlords and/or property managers might not even know about the extended moratorium. Most JP courts are requiring landlords file an affidavit that this isn't a covered property.