Thread: Providers that constantly complain

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Male (Not Verified) maxonprice's Avatar
    Idea3.1: This is SO very well articulated! I'm in sales and you absolutely hit the nail on the head with this one. I will ALWAYS.... ALWAYS chose attitude over anything else. In this business/hobby, often times text communication is the first impression. As we all know, first impressions are critical. So, for me, in that first text communication those that are "snippy" and sassy get immediately deleted! And I mean immediate. It's over. You just lost my business and those two one hundred dollar bills I have stashed away in my wallet. Yes...those WERE yours. It's no loss to me in anyway. I actually just gained! But, think about that... that's a significant loss... AND next week, there will be another "stash" in my wallet..they lost that too! It can be a painful thing to think about from a business perspective. I have lost valuable customers in my business because of my own boneheaded moves and attitude at times. It sucks and it is never worth it. HOWEVER, there are jobs where you CAN be snippy and sassy, but selling a valued product is not really one of them. NO ONE side is in "charge" of the process here, we BOTH have valued interest in the transaction here. We each want what the other has. Respect and attitude and niceness with a little charm on BOTH sides, go a VERY long way!

I also get it that some of us have a bad day and I ALSO get that some newer hobbyist don't quite fully understand the game and may have novice questions or be making novice moves within their conversations.
    FROM a SALES, BUSINESS and MARKETING standpoint this is where helping those types to understand the system can go a LONG way in creating a business relationship that may or could become part of your "book of business."

I ALSO understand, (From a sales perspective) there are those that WILL somewhat "require" that snippy/sassy response because they don't/won't "get it" and they shouldn't be here in the first place and THIS takes me to what has been mentioned. "Ignore" button or whatever. The first impression goes BOTH ways.

This really is a business and one thing that was mentioned early on above is that those that are sweet and nice are ALWAYS busy! Typically, if a person is sweet, nice and HAPPY by default, they don't allow other's attitude get to them and they simply "immediately delete" and move on or they hit ignore and move on and continue being their happy self. And those are the people that are always busy! ;)

Everyone stay safe!
    Last edited by maxonprice; 04-18-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    DT = DEEP throat
    DEEP throat (to ME) means taking it PAST your throat. PAST the throat with no gag.
    DT does NOT mean crammed and rammed into the BACK of your throat - that (to me) is NOT DT.
    This always seems to be a confusing problem. I don't understand why.