Thread: Coronavirous and hobbying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That’s 100,000 cases in about 3 months. So if the corona virus spreads like the regular flu and is not contained and there were 34 million cases in the USA (like the flu this year) with a mortality rate of 3% that would be over 900,000 deaths in a year. The public health system would be overwhelmed. Italy currently has over 10,000 cases in just 2 months, check out the news videos of ICU units in tents there because of not enough public health infrastructure.
    Hopefully it will be contained and the spread slows down or stops while a vaccine is developed.

Verified Hobbyist & "Counselor" for new reviewers BCD GeorgeDRII's Avatar
    The NBA shut down for the rest of the season as one player tested hot for the virus. 200 dead in Italy in the last 24 hours. Trump bans flights to Europe for the next 30 days. A Cobb County, Georgie daycare worker tested hot for it. The first case showed in Hattiesburg, Mississippi today.

Kind of makes you look not to far back and think of H1N1, SARS, Bird flu, Swine flu etc. etc.

Welp, my trip at the end of the month to the Netherlands just went up in flames lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zum_16 View Post
    Welp, my trip at the end of the month to the Netherlands just went up in flames lol
    As did everyone else bro. lol

Verified Hobbyist BCD Peter Gozinya's Avatar
    As with any current close contact virus, you know the risks....up to you if it’s worth it. It’s only a matter of time.
    I do pedicures on camel toes

Italy 1000 dead as of today. March madness cancelled. NHL shut down.

And one alarming thing is that those who are young enough and healthy enough to be infected but not suffer any symptoms or not get sick can unknowingly pass it on to others who are much older and are much more vulnerable to infections and their consequences.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zum_16 View Post
    As did my trip on the 1st of April with a planned visit with a provider in Dallas. :(