Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruminating about "Mandles"

BANNED MULTIPLE HANDLE VIOLATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal_RoseBBW View Post
    Wait.....are you MY mandle and I didn't realize I had one? :-P J/K
    Don't be ridiculous, of course I'm not. I am, in fact, your long lost twin separated at birth so efficiently that I came from a different mother and potentially in a different year. There's always a decent explanation!

Honestly I would love if reporting things to mods worked. But I have reported said screaming harassment from girls over something I said in the locker room (including threats of outing) and nothing happened. I had a provider step up and tell me via PM that someone specific was leaking locker room info to her about me and I reported it... and nothing happened. I reported the coed post where this same person was putting out a girl's private info and while THAT got taken down it took a week to do it. My faith in any kind of impartial moderation here is completely gone.

I can understand and sympathize with your loss of faith.

But please understand that staff has been extremely short handed as of late. Wheels are now in motion to change that.

More volunteer Guides are coming on board soon. There is so very much to learn about the 'behind the scenes' here that it takes some time and patience.

While there are many aspects and issues that I have no power to help with, I am hoping that I am able to lighten the load with the smaller issues (spammed ads, calming/closing threads, editing accidental content, etc.), that the larger issues that you mention can more readily be handled by those that have more authority than we lower level volunteers.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Quote Originally Posted by LifesAGrave View Post
    For as many fellas as I've seen driving around town in their Mercedes, Jaguars and Porsches, it's more than a little disappointing that there are no luxury providers here. But after seeing some of the posts here it seems to me like fellas care more about bargin bin sluts who will meet them in their car on their lunch.

Hope nobody here ever ventures to the Bronx if your sticker shock over local rates is so bad
    ...there are no luxury providers here.

Really? Not sure what makes a luxury provider here in anyone's estimation, but from my near-20-year experience pov (and that of many hobbyists herein, a bunch of whom never post reviews, btw) more than enough luxury companions to meet the demand.

And if you don't know how to define a "luxury companion" or where to seek them out, SOL.

btw, rates have very little to do with my definition of a luxury companion.

My opinion stated, let us not stray too far from the OP's thread subject:

Ruminating about "Mandles"

Always here and everywhere else opinions -- and sometimes, even, facts and data.

That said, best advice I can offer to any member is when you absolutely know and can absolutely provide data to staff regarding misuse of handle/gender/access is to furnish those concrete nuggets to staff directly.

Staff locates plenty of possible miscreants more often than folks suspect.

Sometimes the perp/persona simply departs the community without notice, other times receives an avatar title indicative of departure.

And when necessary, that avatar title will be supplanted with more details, perhaps, one of these days, even published in a "banned list" which has been done elsewhere, fwiw:

especially when the persona is an active threat to another member in person, or to a member's reputation or worse, a bodily threat to a member or even, as happens from time to time, to the community at large.

Management in these ^^^ instances ^^^ has no qualms about protecting an asshat's personal data when such threats manifest.

Just an aside: obviously much easier for a male miscreant to reappear; not very easy for a female to do the same.

For those who don't value their presence here, nor continued access, the "chips will fall where they may."

ijs
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

BANNED MULTIPLE HANDLE VIOLATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal_RoseBBW View Post
    I can understand and sympathize with your loss of faith.

But please understand that staff has been extremely short handed as of late. Wheels are now in motion to change that.

More volunteer Guides are coming on board soon. There is so very much to learn about the 'behind the scenes' here that it takes some time and patience.

While there are many aspects and issues that I have no power to help with, I am hoping that I am able to lighten the load with the smaller issues (spammed ads, calming/closing threads, editing accidental content, etc.), that the larger issues that you mention can more readily be handled by those that have more authority than we lower level volunteers.
    The most egregious example here had active involvement by a high level moderator. It was not a matter of involvement. It was an unwillingness to punish an offender who was actively making threats. The result, funnily enough, was when I asked the mod why they would not simply do SOMETHING about screaming threats of outing I got a cone of silence for the mod. I didn't even ask them to believe me that the person had been using locker room info (easy enough to see but what ever) but actual threats of outing got me punished while the person who did it is still around.

That's not something that happens because you are short handed.

So I won't get it twisted: this is a private site. They can run it however they like and considering the heads I've butted while addressing these issues the fact that I'm still here shows that no one on the moderation team is actually out to get me or nonsense like that. But it is very frustrating to have a so many hobby "no"s openly committed on one side and nothing gets done, and then get berated for bringing it up. It's frustrating because with even handed moderation with a little bit of teeth when necessary it would be a much healthier community. And as I said earlier it would not just be healthier for the guys but the women as well. Being able to speak freely has guys visit the site more often, visiting more often has us view the ads more.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I don't care about guys leaking info from men only areas. I do feel that mandles are an abuse and deserve the users accounts to be deleted(Male and female). It all comes down to how moderators handle the situation.
    I had a situation on another site that led to a moderator being banned for misuse of power.
    There should always be required evidence before any decision is made, but punishment should be swift and public.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redmoney View Post
    I don't care about guys leaking info from men only areas. I do feel that mandles are an abuse and deserve the users accounts to be deleted(Male and female). It all comes down to how moderators handle the situation.
    I had a situation on another site that led to a moderator being banned for misuse of power.
    There should always be required evidence before any decision is made, but punishment should be swift and public.
    Red, your opinions seem a little contradictory to me. If you don’t care about guys leaking info, why would you care about mandles?

Most of us here are cheating on our spouses and SOs. Why should we expect everyone to not cheat here?

As for moderation, I think we’ve all seen how crappy moderation has impacted eccie, and how decent moderation has benefited O2.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    I honestly have 0 interest in knowing what anyone has to say about me. I already know the negatives are from people I would never allow in my presence, so why would the opinions of non potential clients be of any interest to me? *Yawn*
    On top of that, I'd like to still view men as human beings, I have a feeling the locker room would make that rather difficult.

Required Screening Info:
    PM: 2 Recent Verifiable References/Physical Description
    Contact Number/Your Availability Window

🚫BBFS, EXPLICIT MSGS,BBSS, NEW HANDLES🚫
    24H Notice Required

💄Preferred 411🧫Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CubanAva View Post
    On top of that
    ... when I look at Ava's avatar ... these are the very words that cross my mind

I'd like to still view men as human beings,
    Leo Bloom: You can't do that, Max. Actors are people, too.

Max Bialystock: oh, yeah? you ever eat with one?
    A provider standing in the shadows once said: "I just can't do civvie sex. I'm too fucking spoiled!" (truth)

For ladies who can’t be bothered reading profiles: … old guy … long hair and full beard … not a stud muffin … not every woman’s dream … but polite ... very, very gfe, smooching, cuddling ... more smooching

Verified Hobbyist BCD 3daygetaway's Avatar
    I'd like to still view men as human beings, I have a feeling the locker room would make that rather difficult.
    It’s not THAT bad in there. We mostly ask about girls with no-review policies or brand-new girls without reputations. We bitch about value but rarely about individuals. Often it’s an out-of-towner looking for a recommendation. And there’s even a list of providers who kiss on the first date. There’s always at least a couple of guys getting sideways with one another, but mostly it’s a kind and encouraging space where women are spoken of with respect

Quote Originally Posted by 3daygetaway View Post
    ?..but mostly it’s a kind and encouraging space where women are spoken of with respect
    I must be in the wrong men’s lounge.

Yes, Ava, the men’s lounge is where the true mongers come out. We are human, but some of us are ugly.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Retired Companion
    When I started on ECCIE there was a guy who wrote a review on a provider. He forgot to set the BCD to private so his comments were open to the public. After reading what he wrote - I wanted to take a 4 hour shower. It was vile,disgusting and vulgar. Then someone on ECCIE accused me of having a "mandle" - No - I said I don't want to read that kind of shit. I don't have one. It was truly - truly - awful. I felt yuckie for a long time after I read what that guy wrote. It was like some animal tore into a girl. Just horrible. After that I didn't look at reviews anymore. Too depressing for me.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Funnies aside, maybe best to stop talking about the private lounges, please, before someone gets in trouble, eh? Remember what happens in those areas is supposed to STAY in those areas! Just a caution about the site's core rules on secure forums before a misstep is inadvertently made, as occurs frequently with threads involving the topic, and I hate seeing it happen and having to be the disciplinarian.

Carry on otherwise! -- FIH/your annoying Irish staff nag
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 02-22-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
    When I started on ECCIE there was a guy who wrote a review on a provider. He forgot to set the BCD to private so his comments were open to the public. After reading what he wrote - I wanted to take a 4 hour shower. It was vile,disgusting and vulgar. Then someone on ECCIE accused me of having a "mandle" - No - I said I don't want to read that kind of shit. I don't have one. It was truly - truly - awful. I felt yuckie for a long time after I read what that guy wrote. It was like some animal tore into a girl. Just horrible. After that I didn't look at reviews anymore. Too depressing for me.
    The public comments are heartbreaking sometimes. I've stopped reading them because it would make me sick to my stomach. I'd never speak about another person in the manner of which some of these cockalorums do on the boards. It's truly repulsive.

James, I'd like to think I only get good apples. Ignorance is bliss and all that jazz.

James, I'd like to think I only get good apples.
    Ava, I wish for you only good apples. You deserve it.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    The public comments are heartbreaking sometimes. I've stopped reading them because it would make me sick to my stomach. I'd never speak about another person in the manner of which some of these cockalorums do on the boards. It's truly repulsive.

James, I'd like to think I only get good apples. Ignorance is bliss and all that jazz.

cockalorums ? Good one

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast