Chapter 3
How Could I Miss That?

I watched her as she strutted towards me. Everything said conservative housewife. A mid length skirt, a sweater, panty hose and high heels. But I knew about the garter belt! My sweet homemaker was ready for another round. She was snuggling and purring in my ear. I broke the news to her that Sam had called and had another date disaster. He was on his way to kill his sorrows and bare his soul. I could tell she was not happy, but understood. Sam showed up and ordered a gin martini. He was not going to waste any time drowning his heartache.

We all sat together at the bar, had several cocktails and discussed Sam’s crisis. I could tell that Sam and my lady had started imbibing way before me. Janice saw another friend and went to visit. Sam turned to me and said “does your trophy wife not have a bra on?”

I was always trying to get her to go braless. Damn the one time she did it all by herself and I missed it. Sam started asking more details of what my partner liked and did not like. It was getting a little personal, but we had both been consuming alcohol. Sam always shared about his women. I could share a little with him. My countess came back. Sam left for the bathroom.

I told my wife that Sam thought she was missing her brassiere. Was he right? She said something along the lines that at least someone had noticed. A thought came to my mind. I told her that I believed he had a crush on her. I was watching her eyes. They went a little wide. Was there something going on? Sam came back. Another round was ordered.