Thread: " New Way Forward Act "

Verified Hobbyist BCD danceswithwolves's Avatar

" New Way Forward Act "

Want to be shocked beyond shocked.

Google " New Way Forward Act " and watch Tucker Carlson's report on the proposed law.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news...nts/vi-BBZMbWX

This is not fake news, it's our real lawmakers
    Last edited by danceswithwolves; 02-11-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    Never NCNS

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    did you read the bill or just listen to Tucker??

an excerpt from
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr5383/text - you can access the bill's overview page and find related bills (lots of bills aiming to improve how the USA handles detention of arrested immigrants)

"Beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security may not enter into, or extend, any contract with any public or private for-profit entity that owns or operates a detention facility for use of that facility to detain aliens in the custody of the Department of Homeland Security, and shall terminate any such contract not later than the date that is 3 years after the date of the enactment of this Act. Beginning on the date that is 3 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, any facility at which aliens in the custody of the Department of Homeland Security are detained shall be owned and operated by the Department of Homeland Security.

(b)Non-Secure detention programs
    Beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security may not enter into, or extend, any contract with any public or private for-profit entity that owns or operates a program or facility that provides for non-residential detention-related activities for aliens who are subject to monitoring by the Department of Homeland Security, and shall terminate any such contact not later than the date that is 3 years after the date of the enactment of this Act. Beginning on the date that is 3 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, any such program or facility shall be owned and operated by a nonprofit organization or by the Department of Homeland Security."
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Verified Hobbyist BCD danceswithwolves's Avatar
    I understand it's your MO PM to take an opposing opinion on anything from road kill to this act.

What matters is we have elected people in office who willingly and lawfully
    want to bring convicted murderers to live next door to our families.

And I don't think this was Homeland Security's idea of a safe country.

Listen to the lawmakers talk themselves and not just Tucker.
    Last edited by danceswithwolves; 02-11-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Never NCNS

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    just asking a question.
    if you wanna consider that "an opposing opinion", have at it.

generally, when i see someone post a one-liner and a link (any forum websites, not just this one), i wanna know why they did so.
    esp when they dont offer any personal thoughts on it.
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Verified Companion Companion amazingalannah's Avatar
    Funniest thing ive read in a while '''we elected people into office''. Our votes dont mean anything its all rigged wayyyyyyy before hand. But i digress.
    I AM A SAFE PLAY ONLY NON GFE PROVIDER