On Jan 29, I saw Kimmy was in town. I've seen her about a year before and had a wonderful session and wrote her a great review.

I re-submitted my screening data to her, as she requests on her ad, and we made an appointment for the following day, Jan 30 at 7 pm at her incall in the airport area.

I asked her, as I ask all providers, if her menu has changed at all since we have last met. In my experience, providers tend to limit the scope of their menus as they continue in the hobby. It is their right and I respect that because it is their health and safety that they are trying to protect. I have no problem with that. I just want to know what the limits are.

She didn't respond. I figured maybe she was busy doing other things. No problem. People are busy, and we already scheduled a time.

About 2 hours before our scheduled time, I shoot her a text asking if she is still around. Nothing.

7pm came and 7 pm passed. Nothing.

Ok. Maybe something came up. Life happens.

The following day, I sent her a text asking what happened. I thought maybe she had gotten sick or something.

It has been more than a week since this happened. I've tried texting her and even PMing her on this site, hoping to resolve the situation, or at least get an answer. But all I got was crickets.

I could understand if I said something that made her uncomfortable, asking for a change of menu *could* be seen as incriminating.But the overwhelming majority of providers have been candid with me about what they are and are not comfortable doing after I have passed their screening process.

Either way, Caveat Emptor, fellow hobbyists.