Thread: Super Bowl - pick 'em

Verified Hobbyist BCD danceswithwolves's Avatar

Super Bowl - pick 'em

Patrick Mahomes !

If he plays the whole game, it's KC in the end who wins.

Both great teams with even greater seasons.

I'd also pick A. Reid over the Shanahan kid on experience alone.
    Never NCNS

Verified Hobbyist BCD honest_abe's Avatar

Registered Male (Not Verified) TristanThick's Avatar
    Rockin’ with Mahomes and KC. Plus, I just like Andy Reid. But the Niners are NICE.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Dareal1's Avatar
    The 49ers and the ravens were the best teams all year, Kansas City has a great offense but they have not seen a defense like the 49ers, San Francisco wins this game by at least two touchdowns I’m thinking 38-24. The Chiefs have had slow starts in their two playoff games unlike Houston and Tennessee if they get down to the 49ers it’s game over.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    While I would like to see KC win, I have a feeling that San Francisco is likely the better overall team this year with their defense. The exception to this would be if KC defense shows up and starts putting heavy pressure on Garoppolo... if they get him flustered early all bets are off. That’s how Seattle beat them and their largest weakness. G’s lack of ability to reel in the nerves when he is getting pressure is not a skill he has mastered yet.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    If KC gets out to a big lead, it is over because I don’t think 49ers have the firepower to score quick and often.

That said if 49ers can keep it a low scoring game, eat the clock with the running game and get constant pressure on mahomes then they have a chance.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I don't think SF D has seen an Offense like KC. Mahomes is level headed, and will pick the zone apart with his play makers and speed. SF is too one dimensional and that won't win them the game counting on a third string RB like the did at home against GB. I think KC wins by 9+

Verified Hobbyist BCD danceswithwolves's Avatar
    I'm a baller but I'm not perfect.

I felt it would be by 13 but I'll settle for 11.
    Never NCNS

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    I’m happy for Andy Reid. Maybe my Packers will fair better next year. Mahomes is one hell of a great QB. He gets the job done. Hope he stays healthy for many years.

Verified Hobbyist BCD n0laARIES87's Avatar
    I'm w/the good DOCtor, Andy Reid worked hard 4 that. A half century's a hell of a long time 4 a city 2 wait for anything. Sucks that my black&gold didn't go, but we'll see next year.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by L8nighter View Post
    While I would like to see KC win, I have a feeling that San Francisco is likely the better overall team this year with their defense. The exception to this would be if KC defense shows up and starts putting heavy pressure on Garoppolo... if they get him flustered early all bets are off. That’s how Seattle beat them and their largest weakness. G’s lack of ability to reel in the nerves when he is getting pressure is not a skill he has mastered yet.
    They upped the pressure in 4th quarter and Jimmy G folded like a cheap blanket... so I got what I hoped for, and predicted the way to win, does that make me 2 for 2?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Kc could stop the run so I guess they tried to outsmart themselves by throwing the ball up 10 with the ball in their hands well into the fourth quarter.

Kc also got a few calls to fall their way.