Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any other nerds in here besides me?

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) Richardtx's Avatar

Any other nerds in here besides me?

I love sci fi!
    I've watched Star trek NG like 10Xs!
    Love all the movies.
    I like star wars, but not as much as star trek.
    Saw all of Voyager like 3x.
    Currently watching Discovery. Loving it.

Now I'm Looking forward to the show Picard!!
    So many characters coming back!

Anyone else into these shows?
    What's your favorite sci-fi thing?
    I don't haggle.
    If you get 100% of your rate, then I expect 100% of your service.
    Tongue flicking is NOT DFK.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Butch Cassidy's Avatar
    Have been a Star Trek junkie since the mid 70's and am also curious to see Picard.

I also like scifi/fantasy and recently binged on a netflix show called The Witcher with Henry Cavill....outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy View Post
    Have been a Star Trek junkie since the mid 70's and am also curious to see Picard.

I also like scifi/fantasy and recently binged on a netflix show called The Witcher with Henry Cavill....outstanding!
    The Witcher...darn i completely forgot about that show. I saw the first episode and it was awesome! But i kept on with Star Trek TNG(again) and Discovery. Oh and Lost in Space. Excellent show!
    I don't haggle.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Loved Star Trek and Star Wars as a young lad! Love it even more now!

Witcher was awesome! Most watched Netflix show to date, I have heard.

Some other shows that might be in interest to y’all:
    Firefly and the movie Serenity. If you have not seen either, start with the movie Serenity. If you like it, then start with the Firefly series
    Babylon 5... space opera but absolutely loved it
    Supernatural... not SF. More horror genre but binge worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Bonferroni View Post
    Loved Star Trek and Star Wars as a young lad! Love it even more now!

Witcher was awesome! Most watched Netflix show to date, I have heard.

Some other shows that might be in interest to y’all:
    Firefly and the movie Serenity. If you have not seen either, start with the movie Serenity. If you like it, then start with the Firefly series
    Babylon 5... space opera but absolutely loved it
    Supernatural... not SF. More horror genre but binge worthy
    Lol! Aww man! Firefly was excellent! Serenity movie was what drew me in. Sucks they only had one season.

I was going to also mention horror as a sister to sci-fi....kind of, but wasn't sure. Yes i agree Supernatural is good. A couple of good scary sci-fi.... The Fourth Kind, and Event Horizon. Hell yeah.
    Call me childish, but i also really Stranger things. Reminds me of Super 8.
    I don't haggle.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I'm a nerd, but not a Trekkor.

I've seen every other nerd show out there. Someone mentioned The Witcher, it was awesome, as was the Mandalorian. I also build computers and am really good at math.... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nastymand View Post
    I'm a nerd, but not a Trekkor.

I've seen every other nerd show out there. Someone mentioned The Witcher, it was awesome, as was the Mandalorian. I also build computers and am really good at math.... LOL
    Hahaa!
    I don't haggle.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Jack Burton's Avatar
    Not a Trekkie, but I liked the shows. I just recently got signed up to CBS. How is the Star Trek show on there? I was thinking about watching it. Saw the ad for Picard and would like to see it. I hope everyone is not too old to pull it off.

The Mandalorian was good. I watched Star Wars Rebels on Disney. It was actually pretty good and give a good bit of information/background to Mandalorians as one of the main characters is one.
    I don't have Netflix. So, I will have to figure out how to watch The Witcher. I am also really curious about the Wheel of Time series Amazon is putting together. I hope they do it well.

A couple good sci-fi series I liked, but are not in space or the future, are Orphan Black and Fringe.

Babylon 5 was excellent until they finished the first major story. Definitely worth watching.
    Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Not a Trekkie, but I liked the shows. I just recently got signed up to CBS. How is the Star Trek show on there? I was thinking about watching it. Saw the ad for Picard and would like to see it. I hope everyone is not too old to pull it off.

The Mandalorian was good. I watched Star Wars Rebels on Disney. It was actually pretty good and give a good bit of information/background to Mandalorians as one of the main characters is one.
    I don't have Netflix. So, I will have to figure out how to watch The Witcher. I am also really curious about the Wheel of Time series Amazon is putting together. I hope they do it well.

A couple good sci-fi series I liked, but are not in space or the future, are Orphan Black and Fringe.

Babylon 5 was excellent until they finished the first major story. Definitely worth watching.
    Holy Smokes!!! Did not know Wheel of Time series coming to Amazon. Read the first book on the flight to Saudi Arabia for Desert Shield. Looking forward to the series

Quote Originally Posted by Bonferroni View Post
    Holy Smokes!!! Did not know Wheel of Time series coming to Amazon. Read the first book on the flight to Saudi Arabia for Desert Shield. Looking forward to the series
    HERE is a link to some information about the TV series

I think the first book is one of the better fantasy books written. The first 5-6 books are really good. Everything kind of tapers down from 7-9. Book 10 is a real slog to get through. 11-14 do a good job of getting back on track and wrapping it up.
    Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Aww yeah! My kind of thread. Check out The Expanse on prime. Man in the High Castle.
    Inside No 9 (I believe they are in season 6, but streaming only has 3 seasons currently)
    Black Mirror
    Orphan Black
    Doctor Who of course. (I can go on for days)
    Dollhouse
    Torchwood (DW spin off)

I heard Cowboy Bebop is excellent (anime)
    Red Drawrf (older brit comedy)

Can’t recommend Altered Carbon enough. So freakin good!

One of my go-to Sci Fi films is The 5th Element. I believe Alamo has movie parties for this once in a while.

Verified Hobbyist BCD SaltyDaddy87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Ang View Post
    Hell yes it is! It’s personally my favorite anime and in my opinion the greatest one ever made.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Ang View Post
    Aww yeah! My kind of thread. Check out The Expanse on prime. Man in the High Castle.
    Inside No 9 (I believe they are in season 6, but streaming only has 3 seasons currently)
    Black Mirror
    Orphan Black
    Doctor Who of course. (I can go on for days)
    Dollhouse
    Torchwood (DW spin off)

Red Drawrf (older brit comedy)

Can’t recommend Altered Carbon enough. So freakin good!

One of my go-to Sci Fi films is The 5th Element. I believe Alamo has movie parties for this once in a while.
    I've seen the commercials for Expanse and Altered Carbon but haven't heard any reviews for them that get my interest.
    I want to see High Castle series. Started quite awhile ago but need to do it again when I cycle through those on current radar.
    Orphan Black, definitely. Loved Black Mirror (hope they are going to make new episodes.) Thought I haven't seen all the new Dr Who episodes, I caught quite a few of the old series as they originally came out.

Cowboy Bebop. LOVE IT! It took me a couple of decades from when I first heard of animae till I got around to seeing it. Full Metal Alchemist, the Icigo one, Space Dandy (It's a hoot!) Currently watching Humans. Battlestar Galactica reboot. Watched the Russian knock off. Would like to see the nordic original one.

Love 5th element. Dark City is a great one. Original Dune (waiting for any remake.) Need to see the last Blade Runner.

Thanks for starting the thread.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    I've seen the commercials for Expanse and Altered Carbon but haven't heard any reviews for them that get my interest.
    I want to see High Castle series. Started quite awhile ago but need to do it again when I cycle through those on current radar.
    Orphan Black, definitely. Loved Black Mirror (hope they are going to make new episodes.) Thought I haven't seen all the new Dr Who episodes, I caught quite a few of the old series as they originally came out.

Cowboy Bebop. LOVE IT! It took me a couple of decades from when I first heard of animae till I got around to seeing it. Full Metal Alchemist, the Icigo one, Space Dandy (It's a hoot!) Currently watching Humans. Battlestar Galactica reboot. Watched the Russian knock off. Would like to see the nordic original one.

Love 5th element. Dark City is a great one. Original Dune (waiting for any remake.) Need to see the last Blade Runner.

Thanks for starting the thread.
    I think you’re referring to the anime Bleach, with Ichigo Kurasaki.

I could literally do a whole other post on anime. Psycho-Pass is only two seasons & is set in the future. Totally binged that.

On a side note, I absolutely loved how the MCU evolved in front of my eyes.

I think I would be remiss if I did not mention a movie that may or may not fit into the discussion:

Big Trouble in Little China. Great movie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast