Thread: Can Anyone Explain WTF is Going On With The Pokes?

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands

Can Anyone Explain WTF is Going On With The Pokes?

WTF is going on with the Pokes? All the talent and a 7-8 record. They look like Super Bowl contenders against the Rams and let a bunch of cripples and back benchers beat them the following week.

Fire Opie a/k/a JG and JJ a/k/a Goober should also fire himself.

Go Pack!
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

BANNED - failure to respect community rules-- again!

Thumbs up Go Cowboys!

Obviously Dennis Rodman would be the perfect head coach replacement for this team.

When I was at their training camp last spring it all looked so promising?

Rodman is loved/respected all over the world and looks to be the next President of the United States unless we give give him the head coach job.
    Last edited by Vanilla Gorilla; 12-23-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    They just like to look like ass clowns on national tv.

Sadly, their chances are still pretty good to get in the playoffs.

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER!
    All teams will lose some every now and then, that is why they play the game, but winning teams consistently win. The Cowboys are inconsistent. They have the players and were suppose to be legit contenders with the talent on the roster, but the defense has taken a few steps back and the offense is non existent when it matters the most. The numbers Prescott has amassed this year are all due to garbage time and the game already decided in favor of the opponent, and he wants a contract that pays him 35-40 million per year? The problem is and always has been, JJ needs to fire the GM and replace him with a football guru. But that is not going to happen, so I am afraid what we have seen for this last quarter of a century is the best we are going to get.

Verified Hobbyist - Retired
    The Pokes are riding in the Cowboy Car and it always runs out of gas in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    The problem is and always has been, JJ needs to fire the GM and replace him with a football guru. But that is not going to happen, so I am afraid what we have seen for this last quarter of a century is the best we are going to get.
    I agree with this ^^^^ I Don’t see JJ firing the President/GM a/k/a himself!! He is a football legend in his own mind. The smartest thing he ever did was hire Jimmy Johnson. The dumbest thing...I’m not sure where to even begin there.

However, I will make a prediction for the new year. I predict JJ, a/k/a Goober will not renew Opie’s contract next year. I predict Goober will hire another puppet. We can call him...Gomer. JJ will still be controlling Gomer’s strings so you Dallas fans just stay in this cycle of futility. Since all management consists of Goober’s relatives, they won’t vote him out in fear of being disinherited.

The real question is why are there so many people willing to follow Goober into football abyss year end and year out? If JJ understands nothing else, he understands Money!! If the fan base stopped buying season tickets; stopped attending games; stopped tuning in on television, I predict Goober would step aside but until that happens, JJ will keep stroking his megalomania with ticket & merchandise sales and corporate sponsorship money resulting in the same dysfunctional group of athletes called the Dallas Cowboys underachieving yet another year.

BANNED - failure to respect community rules-- again!

Thumbs up It's about time...

Check out Opie/Goober getting FLAMED HARD in the locker room?

Far Out!
    Last edited by Vanilla Gorilla; 12-28-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    damn, almost sounds like some of the rants about (below average) providers here in dallas :^}
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
    damn, almost sounds like some of the rants about (below average) providers here in dallas :^}
    LOL! The Cowboys ARE below average providers in Dallas.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I think Terry Bradshaw on Fox NFL Sunday is a visitor here. He was pretty much Echoing my comments and thoughts on JJ on Fox NFL Sunday this morning. JJ a/k/a Goober, needs to step aside and let his son run the operation. At least his son had enough sense to step in a put a stop to the Johnny Football fiasco JJ was trying to bring to Mayberry, I mean Dallas.

BTW, if anyone knows the number to the Panthers front office, could you give them a call? They failed to show up for the game against the Saints today. 35-0 second Quarter!!! I figure DR and the rest of the Saint’s faithful are doing the happy dance right now!!
    Last edited by DocHoliday; 12-29-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    BTW, if anyone knows the number to the Panthers front office, could you give them a call? They failed to show up for the game against the Saints today. 35-0 second Quarter!!! I figure DR and the rest of the Saint’s faithful are doing the happy dance right now!!
    Didn't matter in the end since the Lions squandered their lead and the Seahawks couldn't score with 30 chances within the 15 yard line.

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    I agree with this ^^^^ I Don’t see JJ firing the President/GM a/k/a himself!! He is a football legend in his own mind. The smartest thing he ever did was hire Jimmy Johnson. The dumbest thing...I’m not sure where to even begin there.

However, I will make a prediction for the new year. I predict JJ, a/k/a Goober will not renew Opie’s contract next year. I predict Goober will hire another puppet. We can call him...Gomer. JJ will still be controlling Gomer’s strings so you Dallas fans just stay in this cycle of futility. Since all management consists of Goober’s relatives, they won’t vote him out in fear of being disinherited.

The real question is why are there so many people willing to follow Goober into football abyss year end and year out? If JJ understands nothing else, he understands Money!! If the fan base stopped buying season tickets; stopped attending games; stopped tuning in on television, I predict Goober would step aside but until that happens, JJ will keep stroking his megalomania with ticket & merchandise sales and corporate sponsorship money resulting in the same dysfunctional group of athletes called the Dallas Cowboys underachieving yet another year.
    I agree he is not going to renew JG, but then again, he may if he cannot find another puppet. JJ made his money in oil, not football. There are always going to be die hard fans of the Cowboys that will continue to buy tickets and attending the games, and there are also those fans that enjoy watching the Cowboys lose, which is why they will ALWAYS be the most watched and popular team in the NFL.

Registered Male (Not Verified) BoinkBoink's Avatar
    Cowboys are not in the playoffs and those that are I don't care. Next season is our year with a new coach bringing positive new beginning new game plan new strategy new inspiration and new motivation.