Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dear Austin, from houston

Verified Hobbyist BCD 3daygetaway's Avatar
    Hold.the.fuck.up!!!

Mods/guides/facilitators have NO business agreeing with political statements or calling people “tards.” Name calling is NOT allowed on this site. Austin Ellen should have infracted this attitude not encouraged it.

Post reported.

Verified Companion Companion Italia DiBella's Avatar
    VISITING Your City From BCStation, Nacogdoches TX
    Good info.
    HOUSTON☆VISITING MARCH 27th--??
    ☆Click & Read AboutMe/Profile☆
    💋"I Vibrate On A Unique Frequency"
    "Oh You Want A Special?, I Got A 38 Special For You" ~ I.D. / Inside Joke🤭

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    I agree with 3day. this is NOTHING to do with politics and i hate to see that name calling raise it's ugly head here. total bs that this was a liberal vs conservative issue. it is an asshole vs gentleman issue and has zero to do with being a liberal. PLEASE do not drag that ugly BS onto this site too. keep OH2 civil. NO NAME CALLING, NO POLITICS, NO stereotyping folks when u have ZERO idea of the truth in this matter. that SUCKS and I am pissed off too. do not ruin it here.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Well, x-cuse me....

Staff here are also individuals and they are free to comment just like long time posters -- even some who have been on board a year and have never been vouched for nor contributed much of anything to the data base.

As for "infracted an attitude" -- not sure what this means, and perhaps "assumptions" should be treated as such: ASSumptions.

No one should nor can absolutely cast folks herein just because many newcomers to Austin are "libs" or somesuch unless they individually label themselves herein.

The fact of the matter is that it is very easy for folks to enlist in this community -- enlistment does not mean "joining" much less "participating."

Many in the community self-identify by their actions more so than their words.

Indeed, many rarely post, but their avatars indicate a level of participation and, wait for it,

RESPECT!

ijs

LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I’m with 3Day and others. The post in question was disrespectful, and staff should not have thanked him for the rude comments.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Companion Companion NikkiGhost's Avatar
    I'm sorry Janie, it does seem that Austin has more flakes than other cities I've played in before. Hopefully that doesn't stop your visits<3

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED!
    I cringe SO HARD every time I hear someone locally try to twist any grievance into the "don't Cali my Texas" lark. Grow up and read the stats. Over 50% of Austin transplants are Texas natives. Roughly one fifth are from the Midwest or international. California makes up less than 5% of those transplants as of 2019.

With that out of the way, I'm genuinely sorry to hear that you had that experience. I've had similar observations about the local market. Austin is a city you move to if you never want to grow up. I've been in other aspects of the adult industry and have danced and performed across the country for four years before pivoting to being a provider.

I know this isn't the common opinion being shared with this thread but I feel that you've hit the nail on the head. Your observations are actually quite in line with Austin's local culture and love of gig economies, which encourage much of the especially trashy behavior you see from Austin men. I've noticed that the majority but not all of the men who contact me don't acknowledge or appreciate this as a luxury service. Rather local gents seem to put us in the same tier as Postmates. I realized within my first two months of locally hobbying that this is definitely not the city if you have any serious interest in breaking into the high end market. Ironically, many Austin girls tour to Houston.

Local men seem to care most about seeing what they can get from you OBO but men traveling here are the ones with the real money who are looking for a truly unique experience, at least in my experience.

Much of what I've said here has been influenced by my experiences being an adult entertainer who's worked across the country and has seen many different economies and how they're influenced by local culture. So in anticipation of whatever backlash I might receive from others on here, you're right, Austin's adult market kind of DOES suck. Being a stripper here is a similar experience to what you've described.
    Last edited by BrianneBanks; 12-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.

noxious pest controls applied
    Keep up the good work Ellen!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Nami View Post
    I agree with 3day. this is NOTHING to do with politics and i hate to see that name calling raise it's ugly head here. total bs that this was a liberal vs conservative issue. it is an asshole vs gentleman issue and has zero to do with being a liberal. PLEASE do not drag that ugly BS onto this site too. keep OH2 civil. NO NAME CALLING, NO POLITICS, NO stereotyping folks when u have ZERO idea of the truth in this matter. that SUCKS and I am pissed off too. do not ruin it here.
    All of this from a member who posted a forbidden topic earlier. Just sayin'

Slightly tangential to the topic: is it really feasible that men are the only perpetrators of the attitude you describe? Aren’t women equal or greater consumers in a gig economy? Is their paradigm of value, respect, etc also altered? I’m not trying to make a contentious statement, just a curious one: shouldn’t women (not just providers) suffer the same fate created by our consumption patterns and economy?

Last time I checked, the sex industry isn't marketed towards women...

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    So sorry that you got a bad impression from Austin hobbyists. You should have been treated with more respect. That kind of behavior is awful, and you were right to call it out.

As far as politics, I don't think that blaming it on liberals is a fair argument. I posted a poll on eccie, and there was a large majority who support Trump, and I'm guessing that it's because guys on these sites tend to be older, white, and fairly well-to-do. Austin is not homogeneous, and there are a lot of sub-cultures.

But people are people wherever you go. I don't know if our apologies for the behavior of a few will sway you, or even if it should. You should follow your instincts and better judgment, and try to arrive at a business plan that works for you. I wish you the best of luck in your travels, because I adore the gals like you that are willing to share intimacy with guys like me that crave it.

Guys, try to do better. We have to do our part if we want a good experience with these gals that are willing to share a part of their lives with us. We can do this. Try harder.
    Last edited by MarkWatney; 12-17-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianneBanks View Post
    Last time I checked, the sex industry isn't marketed towards women...
    Obviously. BUT the question is about a pervasive attitude throughout all of life: if y’all are correct that Austin hobbyists are entitled, petulant, jerks, the same SHOULD be happening outside the hobby with other people they treat disrespectfully....and if that is true, their female spouses should be displaying the same behaviors. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
    Yes indeed. I believe you nailed it. Thank you.
    don't see anything wrong with Ellen's response. She is looking at a whole paragraph that presents an opinion and she isn't focused on one word, "LIBTARD" (the questionable insult).
    Talk about blowing something way out of proportion, wtf?
    Losing the point and chasing the rabbit on a 3day witch hunt

Verified Companion Companion Ava In Austin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    don't see anything wrong with Ellen's response. She is looking at a whole paragraph that presents an opinion and she isn't focused on one word, "LIBTARD" (the questionable insult).
    Talk about blowing something way out of proportion, wtf?
    Losing the point and chasing the rabbit on a 3day witch hunt
    Exactly Universal and exactly how I took RTJ’s statement.

Sorry Ellen for inadvertently dragging you and the others into this hole. Honestly, the name calling did not even register with me because I interpreted RTJ opinion as just stating the simple known fact that Austin is liberal and Houston is not. Living in a liberal city has pros & cons, just as does living in a conservative city. The truth of the matter is that what Janie posted is an issue pervasive in Austin and not so much in other cities. But what should really matter is, what are “WE” going to do about it? Because the instigating and mud slinging from both sides of the fence has been going on far too long. And like I noted before, it detracts from the Austin forums and runs most everyone off. Yes there is “cause and effect” but as individuals we each have the ability to choose our response. We all can and should do better.
    Rare Ink-Free Girlfriend Companion!
    Sweet, Discreet & Elite
    Lover of courteous respectful gentlemen, including
    newbies, traveling, younger & you awesome local guys!
    I do not care to be reviewed, being vouched for is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava In Austin View Post
    Exactly Universal and exactly how I took RTJ’s statement.

Sorry Ellen for inadvertently dragging you and the others into this hole. Honestly, the name calling did not even register with me because I interpreted RTJ opinion as just stating the simple known fact that Austin is liberal and Houston is not. Living in a liberal city has pros & cons, just as does living in a conservative city. The truth of the matter is that what Janie posted is an issue pervasive in Austin and not so much in other cities. But what should really matter is, what are “WE” going to do about it? Because the instigating and mud slinging from both sides of the fence has been going on far too long. And like I noted before, it detracts from the Austin forums and runs most everyone off. Yes there is “cause and effect” but as individuals we each have the ability to choose our response. We all can and should do better.
    Well said, Ava

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast