Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Depression Sex?

Verified Companion Companion lovingcamela's Avatar
    I used to know someone that craved cuddling when he got depressed. He was already under the care of a therapist and on anti depressants. He sought out cuddle groups on meetup and explored tantra like workshops or groups to help bring more connection into his life. So yes, you are not the only one that craves intimacy when down. For me if I get down I go into nature to feel better or listen to Abraham Hicks on YouTube. Well..those are my healthy choices. If I feel lonely that is when I crave intimacy, not sex, just a good cuddle.

And I agree with Mathguy and Mark that there are hormones at work and perhaps your body is sending you a message. I have my own story with an ex husband that had depression. There was a much bigger picture behind it. I don’t know how old you are or your state of health, but there is no harm getting some blood work and a hormone panel done. I know an excellent sex therapist that I refer people to as well.
    Southwest Austin Companion, High Quality FBSM
    FSBM 240/hr ~ Companion dates 400/hr
    Mommy Dates 500/hr
    512 Nine20 33Five9
    P313094 I have a NO review policy. NO EXPLICIT MESSAGES
    Artbycamela.net/wp~camelacamela@protonmail.com

Verified Companion Companion lovingcamela's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiFamme View Post
    Bingo. Men and women are built differently, obviously. It’s more socially acceptable and common for men to express/receive affection during sex Alot of times, that’s the only time men get the touch and affection they need. It’s also good for distraction and stress relief, IMO. Here’s a virtual hug! ��

Missed this comment. This is so true!
    Southwest Austin Companion, High Quality FBSM
    FSBM 240/hr ~ Companion dates 400/hr
    Mommy Dates 500/hr
    512 Nine20 33Five9
    P313094 I have a NO review policy. NO EXPLICIT MESSAGES
    Artbycamela.net/wp~camelacamela@protonmail.com

Verified Hobbyist BCD tex4354125's Avatar
    Yes, but for me it’s a very specific type of depression... usually I get really horny when I’m depressed due to things I can’t control. Most specific example I can think of was the week after a huge hurricane hit my hometown, I banged 3 women in one weekend.

For some reason, hangovers also do this to me.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by tex4354125 View Post
    For some reason, hangovers also do this to me.

Thanks for sharing, I thought I was the only one. Hangovers make me horny AF. Not sure what the chemistry is there but it’s a thing.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wickedone69's Avatar
    I used to get like that but as someone stated it's just a quick fix to a common problem; a band-aid if you will. Now some of you might ask "A common problem?" Yes over 3 million cases per year have been reported. Now at my age I learned to recognize my emotions threw counseling and therapy. I can now tell the difference between anxiety, sadness, and depression coming on. In the past I would turn to the bottle and numb my shit. Or seek out a provider for sex. Again just to numb what was coming on but now I get my ass off the couch and start to meditate, exercise, stretch, or occupy myself with chores. I know now that when one of those said emotions start to creep up I get busy with some kind of movement and within minutes I start to feel better. Endorphins fucking rock. It took me a good while to get to where I am today.
    I know the holidays are triggers for a lot of people to include myself but I know now we can all push throw these times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2