Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Negotiating

Verified Hobbyist BCD Jefferson Starfish's Avatar

Cool Actually,...

Quote Originally Posted by killeeninformer2 View Post
    So in public this is a silly thread to make because any girl with a bit of business acumen will not respond publicly going "negotiate with me!" because every dude will do so. Unless their business is really slumping. It also is going to invite attack by various white knights.

However I would be very surprised if the OP had not already received a PM from a few girls who do say they'd be willing to negotiate. That's likely what he was going for.

Negotiating absolutely happens. I don't engage in it often because I do this hobby to relax which haggling would not help. But if a girl already has a room and isn't going to be doing anything for a 2 hour stretch a large amount of girls will take Starfish's offer up there. After all even a lower donation is better than the nothing they would get in that time slot.
    ...I have never employed that particular rhetorical device in hobby world negotiating. It's a little too edgy given the obvious sensitivity on display on this and other similar threads. I only use it in the RW to negotiate real estate and subcontractor deals. I just offered it up on this thread to make my point.

Most of the time, I get offers to repeat at favorable prices. I take the advantageous offers up and the lady and I then stick on that price point going forward. There is no more to it than that.

I do negotiate when I get hit up out of the blue by new gals and prior acquaintances. If I'm getting hit up when I'm just minding my own biznass, I believe that provides me the prerogative to tactfully negotiate.

To sum it up, I know for a fact that a manscaped, hygienic, and polite hobbyist does not have to pay rack rates to get his joint jacked. I'm not gonna call the dudes that pay rack rates suckers, but I'll certainly be thinking it...

That's Ol' JS's $0.02.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
    Ladies, Ol' JS regrets to inform you that he is not boyfriend material. I am also not a friend zone type dude. I am, however, tryin' to make the fuckbuddy zone a thing. I appreciate your assistance establishing this new paradigm. Let me know if you're interested and I'll "fill you in" on the dirty deets...

Peep my reviews in the "Visitor Messages" tab of my profile...

The 210's favorite pillar of the community #PTAdaddy!

#StarfishTour

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    You definitely shouldn't negotiate a lower price AFTER you've agreed on an appointment, doubly so after arriving.

As for tips, you don't normally tip people who set their own price.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER! Passion2015's Avatar
    Happy Friday,

If the asking price is reasonable in my eyes I don't negotiate at all.

If the asking price is not reasonable in my eyes then I negotiate and if the provider responds aggressively that she doesn't negotiate, I move on. If the provider ask me what my hobby budget is, I let her know and she either accepts or denies in which I either see her or move on.

Everything is negotiable it just comes down to how you negotiate and how receptive they are.

Just be truthful , honest and nice about it:)

It's that simple.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Jefferson Starfish's Avatar

Cool Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
    You definitely shouldn't negotiate a lower price AFTER you've agreed on an appointment, doubly so after arriving.

As for tips, you don't normally tip people who set their own price.
    I am in complete agreement with you on the first point. Behavior like that would be completely gauche.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
    Ladies, Ol' JS regrets to inform you that he is not boyfriend material. I am also not a friend zone type dude. I am, however, tryin' to make the fuckbuddy zone a thing. I appreciate your assistance establishing this new paradigm. Let me know if you're interested and I'll "fill you in" on the dirty deets...

Peep my reviews in the "Visitor Messages" tab of my profile...

The 210's favorite pillar of the community #PTAdaddy!

#StarfishTour

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killeeninformer2 View Post
    So in public this is a silly thread to make because any girl with a bit of business acumen will not respond publicly going "negotiate with me!" because every dude will do so. Unless their business is really slumping. It also is going to invite attack by various white knights.

However I would be very surprised if the OP had not already received a PM from a few girls who do say they'd be willing to negotiate. That's likely what he was going for.

Negotiating absolutely happens. I don't engage in it often because I do this hobby to relax which haggling would not help. But if a girl already has a room and isn't going to be doing anything for a 2 hour stretch a large amount of girls will take Starfish's offer up there. After all even a lower donation is better than the nothing they would get in that time slot.
    +1

Not to mention the extra protection needed for your Gonads, just for bringing it up.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

^ LOL yep haha
    -MG

Registered Male (Not Verified) Westley's Avatar
    Third planet from the Sun in a Solar System near the outer edge of the Milky Way.

Exclamation Negotiating is Haggling

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Larusso View Post
    A waiter at a restaurant doesn’t make $300 an hour.
    It all depends on where you eat! My position is that negotiating is just a more acceptable word for an unacceptable hobby practice-haggling. Personally, I believe haggling is unprofessional and stand by the notion that most clients would not be able to out negotiate a sex worker unless leveraging a provider weakness such as financial distress or a big bank.

Negotiating with a sex worker is like playing blackjack. You might win but it is highly probable you are gonna lose on May levels in the long run. If your hobby game is on point and your choice of companion is a good fit there usually is no need for haggling...I mean negotiating. Negotiating is haggling and the perfect pathway to silver bracelets and a staycation at government expense. Change my mind!
    "Love all, Trust few and Do harm to none" - William Shakespeare

I prefer the company of a lady that is "AA" friendly.

Bons Temps Rouler!

Verified Companion Companion MOCHAakaMOCHA's Avatar
    It's not part of mine. Some ladies are very open to it though (some publicly and some only privately).

Third planet from the Sun in a Solar System near the outer edge of the Milky Way.
    Sadly, not every client or provider has "business acumen". Not a judgement but rather an observation. The art of negotiating is a learned competency that does not come naturally to many.

Bons Temps Rouler!

Verified Companion Companion MOCHAakaMOCHA's Avatar
    And some just don't do it because they don't have to or want to.
    Many things can be true at once. Just another...observation.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Sadly, some clients think that other clients need business acumen to play in this realm.

It’s a hobby, not a business.

Just an observation.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

A money making business by any other name is still a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Sadly, some clients think that other clients need business acumen to play in this realm. It’s a hobby, not a business. Just an observation.
    I disagree. I suggest that a hobby used to generate revenue and profit is a business by default. The only question is will that business be capable of generating an acceptable level of profit for the owner.. Show me a list of providers who do not charge for their services an I will concede that those individuals are true hobbyists.

Bons Temps Rouler!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    I disagree. I suggest that a hobby used to generate revenue and profit is a business by default. The only question is will that business be capable of generating an acceptable level of profit for the owner.. Show me a list of providers who do not charge for their services an I will concede that those individuals are true hobbyists.
    Westley, please read my previous post more closely. I was referring to clients, not providers. Clients are not looking to generate revenue or profit. At least I’m not. Generating revenue and profit is the goal of the seller, the provider. So I am with you there. Providers with decent business acumen will probably succeed.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

noxious pest controls applied
    I have yet to meet a provider that would honor my 40% off coupon for services from brake check.

Verified Hobbyist & "Counselor" for new reviewers BCD GeorgeDRII's Avatar
    Me myself, I don't negotiate with any lady. If they say they're available and I don't have enough, I kindly let them know I only have said amount so I can't see them. I'll wait until I have the right amount. Unless they just say ok fine whatever u have. But that's rare because I normally make appointments.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast