Thread: Tearin' up Texas....and looking for Must See/Do's please!!!

Verified Companion Companion MajicPlayground's Avatar

Tearin' up Texas....and looking for Must See/Do's please!!!

Well Hello TEXAS!!! I'm about to embark on one helluva road trip over the next month-ish. Starting from Beaumont to El Paso with a lil bit of Arizona, back to Dallas and here and there in between lol!! I'm celebrating alot of things....great memories made over the summer, getting my very first brand new car, cherishing People, having FUN ;)

In the spirit of keeping this momentum going, I'm heading to Arizona to visit a very dear family member. On the way, I'm looking for New Memories. My tentative schedule is in my signature. If there's something you think is really cool, not necessarily tourist-y stuff, or there's maybe a special holiday event going on, please give me a heads up!! I love most things Outside, anything involving muscle cars and motorcycles, and of course good food!! I'm open to doing things Solo or pairing up and just having an adventure!

Looking forward to meeting new friends, and getting reacquainted with some old ones. Help me finish this year with a very satisfied smile!!!

Majic
    Living full time in Pennsylvania

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Can we get a stop in San Angelo again?

I looked at that when I planned....right now kinda fluid on the second half of my trip so maybe a quick stop before/after Midland is looking like the best option ;)

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Keep us in the loop. Would love the pleasure of your company once again.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    If this topic stays targeted on stops the OP should make for personal sightseeing, fine, but if it digresses to requests/responses related to Hobby visitation, it will be closed as prohibited promotion in Coed. Thanks.

Irish luck on your journey, Majic! Sounds like an awesome road trip. -- FIH/staff

Sorry bout that Miss Fancy.....I really DO want to find some cool places to visit....not so sure bout outdoors tho with the cold that rolled in lol.

And seriously....I could use some dinner recommendations for San Angelo.....I normally like sushi or seafood but I'm guessing the center of Texas may not be the best place for that. So! Where can I get a REALLY good steak???

Also....has anyone visited the Joshua Tree Park? I'm thinking I want to visit there when I'm in Yuma visiting family. Any pet tips? Travel dos/don't appreciated :)

Verified Companion Companion Reese McClain's Avatar
    Hey chick I'm moving to San Angelo and would love to show you around. There's a lily pond there that is so amazing.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    This Irish lass was raised in the vast arid sands of Southern California and Arizona. The desert is quite beautiful and teaming with life and activity. Joshua Tree National Park is a worthwhile visit, great for geology, astronomy, ecosystems, wilderness roving in a unique environment.

Stay out of the washes/ravines if any rain forecast, however. Flash floods can happen with little to no notice. Wear boots and tough clothing if hiking to avoid injury from brambles, cactus, and crawly critters.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 11-22-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Some of my favorite Texas haunts...

Big Bend
    Paulo Duro Canyon
    Fort Davis
    Marfa
    Jefferson
    Gruene
    James
    Loving life in Austin