Thread: Long legged landscaper

Verified Companion Companion

Long legged landscaper

Gm fellas, im venturing into the landscaping business and i need any tools that u know are needed for a landscape company...

Gloves, spreaders and sprayer, string trimmer, rakes , shears, chainsaws, wheel barrels, leaf blowers.....any equipment you have , if i cant use it i wont accept it but whatever u decide to give me i defintely take good care of you
    ..yes im slim sexy sword swallower but i am also a sista seeking significance over success

anyone who has any pointers , i always have a listening ear....

Thank u for taking time to read my ad

Registered Male (Not Verified) famousamos01's Avatar
    out here in Pearland they roll up with a crew all throughout the week. I think your best bet is to maybe get a few committed folks and focus on door to door to undercut the business. Unfortunately weather is cooling so clients will be only needed the yard cut every 2-4 weeks. I think if you add a full service to it where you knock out the bushes mulch and a few other things you could get that off season business.

Verified Companion Companion
    Thank u so much for the info and i will take that into consideration, maybe u can be my mulch mentor...lol

I've been building my landscape business too, and congrats to you and me both, because it feels so good to make the world prettier and help our environment on multiple levels! I definitely get what you mean about significance over success!

I just want to say even if it takes awhile to get all the tools you need, don't let it slow you down! I started doing landscape design (and don't get me wrong, months later and I feel like I'm still starting) and whatever work I need to hire someone for (like sprinkler installation or tearing out the grass they no longer liked) I would just take a percentage on top for managing the project and then I offered a service where I would keep the everything maintained (not like mowing, they'd hire a mow and blow company for that) but I would prune their plants to encourage more blooming and fertilize and update the garden/landscaping as needed by season or taste (which pays less than design and project fees but it's consistent and it pays more than they pay the guys who mow)

I just want to say that to say there's lots of room for you to do whatever you want, even if the chainsaws and heavy equipment aren't immediate. Also you can hire guys with their own tools ;)

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Goldie and the original poster too, I'm new here, (on this website). And it's so cool, to hear, that some "companions" are into and interested in "other" things too. Like starting and running a landscape design biz. So, best of luck with it.

MULTIPLE HANDLES -TROLL! BANNED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Swallowurbabies View Post
    Gm fellas, im venturing into the landscaping business and i need any tools that u know are needed for a landscape company...

Gloves, spreaders and sprayer, string trimmer, rakes , shears, chainsaws, wheel barrels, leaf blowers.....any equipment you have , if i cant use it i wont accept it but whatever u decide to give me i defintely take good care of you
    ..yes im slim sexy sword swallower but i am also a sista seeking significance over success

anyone who has any pointers , i always have a listening ear....

Thank u for taking time to read my ad
    I'm a business consultant with three Ivy League degrees and I would tell you that landscaping can be a very low end and unprofitable business.

Find a way to differentiate yourself and do something unique. Give the market something beyond a black girl with a dream...