Thread: I am no longer hosting Downtown, I just signed a lease for a unit in West Houston

Verified Companion Companion Brooke Wilde's Avatar

I am no longer hosting Downtown, I just signed a lease for a unit in West Houston

I just wanted to let everyone know that from here through the foreseeable future, I will no longer be hosting in the Downtown area.

On the 1st of this month I signed a 3 month lease in the Energy Corridor & if things go well, I'll continue hosting there.

While I love everything about Downtown, I am no longer able to justify (& afford) the expense of two separate units, one to live in & one to work in. So from now on, I will just live Downtown & travel to my new place in West Houston a few times a week.

Before I became a mommy I simply rented a 2/2 Downtown & lived in one room while I hosted in the other, but since I returned to the industry in 2016 I have had to keep two separate units in two separate buildings & it's just become too much for me to handle.

It doesn't help that rent has sky rocketed Downtown either.

In 2008 I was paying around $1,700 for a 2/2 in a nice brand new building. Then 2/2's starting increasing to $2,000. Then $2,200. Then $2,700. Then $3,000.

Now $3,000 - $3,600 is normal rent for a 2/2 Downtown & 1/1's are around $1,800 - $2,200. Plus, these aren't even in top of the line highrises or midrises. These are in the pretty run of the mill condos & apartments Downtown.

On a closing note, I'd just like to thank everyone that supported me over the years. The guys that walked over from their office to the guys that HATED Downtown & only ventured there to see me. I am grateful for all of your support.

I hope the Westside treats me well & I look forward to creating many new memories at my new place.

Sincerely,
    Brooke
    www.BrookeWilde.com

Verified Hobbyist BCD Htownindian's Avatar
    Good luck on your move. Welcome to the west side of town.

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Best of Luck on your move

Have followed you for a few years, but never pulled the trigger. To much hassle going downtown from the west even with the WestPark. I may have to change that now that you are going west. I message you a couple weeks ago about your specials and the fact that I was out of the country. Now returned and still watching.