Thread: New Incall - Office?

Verified Companion Companion
    I'd like some input from the gentlemen and ladies here. I'm getting an incall (Wheeee! About time, eh?) and haven't decided which would be the better idea.

Private residence. A house, suitable location, preferably with parking not visible from the street.

An office setting. Something without windows, or that one can't see into anyway, and which has good walls. I could put up a sign saying "Hemingway Consulting" (Oh, Emily likes the sound of that). I'm rather leaning toward this one because there'd be a ready explanation for clients.

What do y'all think?
    Never do anything you feel uncomfortable explaining to the paramedics.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Perils (and challenges) exist in both directions.

Traffic at a residence can engender curiosity among the neighbors. If you will be using the place only during daylight hours, not weekends, likelihood is that few people may be home and thus not see any vehicles coming or going.

An office landlord may need some sort of proof that you have a business license (such as a d/b/a which you can usually get at the county but which might not be a bad idea to get). And, in an office building, the neighbors can be just as curious or even more so....

You probably should consider an apartment complex as well for all of the above and the other reasons.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - TBA
    San Antonio - TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Retired Administrator
    having water resources available can sometimes be a problem in office environments...

Retired Hobbyist (RIP)
    Dennis nailed it.
    I sometimes hobby out of my office but the washup is always a problem.
    I solve it by the old "Chicken Ranch" method of having a bowl and pitcher with soap and water.
    Not great but it can be done.

Yes to the appartment or like the other ladies, try a residence motel with reasonable rates and move often.
    Think security

Emily,

By a fairly wide margin, apartments outnumber houses among the incalls I&#39;ve been to (excluding no-tels of course.) I&#39;ve never been to an office. I suspect that the key advantage, aside from price, is the traffic issue. Comings and goings simply aren&#39;t as noticable in an apartment setting. Good luck.

I have to agree, with the apartment thing.....

I would stick to larger complexes as well, where there is bound to be more general traffic. That way it is easier for the gents to mix in with regular comings and goings.....and avoided gated complexes....to easy to track your entry code.

Dayna
    <div align='center'>Please NON GRAPHIC REVIEWS only at this time...Thank you.[/b]</div>

Still Looking Around
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Emily Hemingway @ Mar 7 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;d like some input from the gentlemen and ladies here. I&#39;m getting an incall (Wheeee! About time, eh?) and haven&#39;t decided which would be the better idea.

Private residence. A house, suitable location, preferably with parking not visible from the street.

An office setting. Something without windows, or that one can&#39;t see into anyway, and which has good walls. I could put up a sign saying "Hemingway Consulting" (Oh, Emily likes the sound of that). I&#39;m rather leaning toward this one because there&#39;d be a ready explanation for clients.

What do y&#39;all think?[/b]
    My suggestion would be an apt. in a fairly nice complex. If a large complex a bldg at the back might be best. I have been to a number of them and the only problem experienced was in finding the correct bldg. The majority seemed to be upstairs rather than on a ground floor and with a window overlooking the parking lot.

As was mentioned by others, the draw back to a house is a "traffic problem" with "curious neighbors.

Best of luck to you. Perhaps someday we can meet.

gene780