I read this story and thought it was nice and since valentines day is coming up real fast I thought it would fit in PERFECT!

The Legend of Saint Valentine

Once upon a time in ancient Rome, a healer welcomed patients to his home. His name was Valentine, and with his art, he ministered to body, mind, and heart. One day, a jailer from the citadel said, "Can you make my little daughter well? Though sightless, she is all the world to me! Dear Valentine, please help my daughter see!" With gentle herbs and, most of all, with prayer, the kindly Christian treated her with care. With faith and trust in God, between the two a sacred bond of heartfelt feeling grew. The emperor of Rome became aware that many Christians lived and worshiped there. Accusing them of evil with a lie, he sentenced every one of them to die. So in a prison, Valentine was thrown, to spend his final days on earth alone. "Let's write to him," his little patient said. "To My Dear Valentine," her message read. Her Christian friend departed to the Lord--yet on that day, he eyesight was restored. This miracle inspired the cherished sign of love and friendship called a "valentine."

Hope you ENJOYED IT!!