Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KC BBQ

For top-notch, sit down BBQ, Jack Stack is the best. Tons of variety, great quality, good service. The cheesy corn is OUTSTANDING and a MUST! They have locations on the plaza, freighthouse district and 95th & Metcalf (may be more that I'm not aware of).

Gates isn't my favorite, but when I have a boss or client in from out of town, it's always fun to take them there and have someone yelling at them as soon as the walk through the door "HI! MAY I HALP YOU!!!" Especially at lunch when the line is out the door. But it's impressive when you get there and your order is ready and correct!

Holes in the wall I'm torn. I LOVE Oklahoma Joe's, but I also like Rosedale down in KCK. Both are HOLES! The original OK Joe's, as most know, is in a gas station. Only problem is, if you're going for lunch, it's almost impossible to eat there. The line is out the door and they've only got about 6 or 7 tables. They have a new location in Olathe at 119th & Blackbob (I think), just off of 119th & I35.

And, as a ringer, I like Wyandotte BBQ a bit. They're not the best, but they are a hole in the wall. But I live close enough, that during the Spring and Fall, when the windows are open (and I work from home) I can smell them smoking the meat all morning. By lunchtime I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog and have to run and get some burnt ends!

Quicks bbq on merriem lane next to the boulevard drive in is a great place they have a special on ribs every wendsday. Its great hole in the wall bbq at a great price.

WoW thanks guys...Elena are you taking notes? Keep the ideas coming...

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie

Verified Hobbyist lookn2u4fun69's Avatar
    There is a real sleeper off the beaten path at Bannister and Blue Ridge. It's called Big T's. The ambiance reminds me of Oklahoma Joes. its in an old Wendy's.

Try Johnnys BBQ in Mission or Olathe they have awesome ribs, I could eat there every week. The meat normally falls off the bone.

OK Carlie.

Don't even ask me to pick where to do because it sounds like everyone has given some great places to go. I'll let you pick.

Fantastic! I'll surprise you! See you soon Darlin...

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie

The key is what are you in the mood for ribs, chicken, beef, pork, sausage and what type of sauce do you like. Because honestly that will make your decision on where to go much easier. Not sure you can choose wrong with BBQ in this town you just got to know what is best at the place.

OK. So where did you ladies end up?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sens55 @ Jan 29 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    OK. So where did you ladies end up?[/b]
    We went to Arthur Bryants on 18th and Brooklyn, It was good, but my fav is still Jack Stack on the Plaza.
    Next time I will pick-lol

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie

Personally my favorite is Joes (I always get the Z-man with pork instead of beef), Famous Dave&#39;s even though it&#39;s a chain is good for their sauce variety. Tried Big Ts, maybe I hit them on an off day. Used to deliver change to the original Arthur Bryant&#39;s but never had a chance to eat there but figured just from the smokers in the kitchen it has to be pretty good.

Can&#39;t wait for the American Royal to come back to town. LOL!
    If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

http://home.roadrunner.com/~thezac/Proud.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2