Thread: Reviews on Home2

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    On the other board, when we do a review comments are only available (readable) by other BCD members. Is the same true here or are comments readable by all including Providers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jdriller @ Dec 26 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    On the other board, when we do a review comments are only available (readable) by other BCD members. Is the same true here or are comments readable by all including Providers.[/b]
    For now, they&#39;re viewable by everyone. If you want to write private comments, you can use the locker room.

There are no "BCD" tags, either.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

What some of us have done is post the review in the review forum with a link to the post in the Locker Room has has all the good stuff in it. Only those that have Locker Room access will be able to view the Locker Room post.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    So since everyone here is vouched and BCD but review comments are also readable by Providers......what difference does it make what you say in comments. Are there some things one might not want to have the Providers read in comments? Would it matter? Would you say something in comments you would not want the Provider to know you said? Isn&#39;t that like talking behinds someones back? Would you say something in comments you would not say to the Providers face? Can Providers respond to reviews on this site? If they read something they felt was inaccurate.....shouldn&#39;t they be able to respond publically or would an open forum in reviews likely to turn into a wild west show? We are all vouched BCD on the site (yes?) No paid BCD (yes, no?) Since I get the feeling that continued BCD status will soon be dependant on ones reviews and since I for sure want to be a part of this site, I am just trying to get a feel for what to put in a review and what not to put in a review that may differ from ASPD reviews. What do Provides think about what we put in reviews? If its something negative would they consider it constructive critisism and learn from that or be more likely to jump on us? I always assume even on ASPD that anything you say (even BCD, even comments) can and will find its way to the subject being discussed. My personal thought is that reviews are to help guys get a feel for the ladies and aid us in making a choice (it is so cool to have so many choices). But....if Providers can see our reviews....then it becomes a two way street. They can see what we like and cater the session more acutely to satisfy our wants and desires. Our reviews then become part of their (Providers) screening process.

Wow, opening a can of worms. Let&#39;s dig in!

Yeah, I like that there are BCD comments to reviews (on aspd). And BCD locker room. I always write respectfully and fully expect some white knight will tell them what was said. So it&#39;s not about them not seeing it. It&#39;s about not discussing it. Cuz BCD comments cannot be "revealed", therefore cannot be discussed openly. I still think there is a place for that.

Also I think that if reviews are "wide open", there will be fewer, and possibly less honest. They will be written for the Provider audience, rather than for the guy who wants to see which provider may be more suitable.

Talking behind backs will happen regardless of the structure of this site.

Allowing providers to respond to a review is open to abuse by providers who wish to keep their reviews at the top of the page.

One of the main issues the "new contingent" at the mothership had with the previous mods is that they (the previous mods) favored the ladies way too much, at the expense of the guys and the exchange of honest, factual information. To me, that new contingent (really not &#39;new&#39;, just newly &#39;enabled&#39;) would prefer the whole site be more like a locker room. Whereas most of us here, me included, prefer a "community". However the community must maintain a balance. If this board becomes nothing more than an ad site for providers, including "reviews" that are really just ads, it won&#39;t be the vibrant home and alternative that many of the guys at least, I think, were hoping for.
    The four food groups: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    FL wrote "Allowing providers to respond to a review is open to abuse by providers who wish to keep their reviews at the top of the page". I had not thought of that. It is a good point. Not that all would do that just for the sake of keeping the review "alive". But some would for sure. I hope eventually the review comments will be for a BCD only. Meanwhile, I guess the best way to go is to combo the comments with Locker Rm.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jdriller @ Dec 26 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I always assume even on ASPD that anything you say (even BCD, even comments) can and will find its way to the subject being discussed.[/b]
    and goes for any board. &#39; BCD&#39;, &#39; Juicy Details&#39;, &#39; VIP&#39;, etc. etc. only slow down the process for a lady to read what was written of her if she chooses. There are ladies that join forces and even buy BCD, than copy and paste the reviews from their cities in to a yahoo group, google group etc.

Anything on the internet is &#39; find out able&#39; by anyone.

Very nicely said FootLong. Plus, you kept me from hurting my hung over brain this morning trying to reason all of that out for myself. Bravo!
    A day without sunshine is like, well, night

Verified Hobbyist BCD blaktygre's Avatar
    all good points to ponder...
    Lili Von Shtupp: Tell me, schatze, is it twue what they say about the way you people are... gifted?

[sound of zipper opening]

Lili Von Shtupp: Oh, its twue. Its twue. Its twue, its twue

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Reviews here (unless in the LR) are fully visible to all, but females cannot respond.

The present software allows one further option, which is that we can make the review forum visible to provider profiles, but all they can see is the thread topic (their review headline) and the thread starter. No replies are visible, but the thread topic index may indicate that replies have been made and show the handle of the lastest member to reply.

We&#39;ve asked the host company what it would take to create a review template, but got nothing satisfactory.

Private tags work to a degree, and if any can read what follows, please send me a pm with the code word.
    [private]Boo! Hiss![/private]

We&#39;ll keep pursuing the issues.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - TBA
    San Antonio - TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    private tags don&#39;t work... I&#39;ll try another method.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - TBA
    San Antonio - TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Dec 28 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Reviews here (unless in the LR) are fully visible to all, but females cannot respond...[/b]
    <span style="font-family:Verdana">So, things have changed since this thread and no females can respond?</span>

Who&#39;s Fun to Play With in San Antonio, Brief mentions (not full reviews) of your recent encounters
    I'm glad I quit lurking, oh gawd I'm glad I quit lurking!