Thread: Are we still supposed to be secret?

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    Are we supposed to mention the existence of home2 in public?

On other boards?

Mention of the name, or post the URL, etc.?

Be Gneiss Gnow...

I have never been informed in any way that it was OK to disclose information about this site to anyone outside of our little community of those who have, shall we say, clearance.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    By all means, as noted in my rather lengthy signature block, please share

http://home2.invisionzone.com

with those you know, trust, and especially who you can vouch into membership here.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Dec 19 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

with those you know, trust, and especially who you can vouch into membership here.[/b]
    Do I read that correctly that the URL shouldn&#39;t be posted on other boards?

Or the board mentioned in a post on another board?
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

Retired Companion
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gneissguy @ Dec 19 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Do I read that correctly that the URL shouldn&#39;t be posted on other boards?

Or the board mentioned in a post on another board?[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Dec 19 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

with those you know, trust, and especially who you can vouch into membership here.[/b]

Yes, WM, I can read that. I can share the board with those I know and trust.

Some people are posting it openly on other boards. If this isn&#39;t OK, some people aren&#39;t getting the message.

Be Gneiss Gnow...

Retired Administrator
    Might I suggest I understand your thought process gneissguy which is having permission to share the site with those YOU KNOW as being appropriate. Like you - I do not know everyone who might read something I entered onto the Internet at some site - thus I could (or better yet) would not feel comfortable in doing so. I have indeed extended an invitation to those who I can qualify under ck1942&#39;s tagline and even they must pass certification for appropriate access herein.

;) Have a great evening.

Thanks for the clarification on this issue.... I have a number of people from various places that I can vouch for or that can be vouched in as members and will begin the process of quietly spreading the word through email and other discreet methods.

Kisses,
    Lady A

The "staff" will validate applicants as they enter the gate. I don&#39;t think it&#39;s ever been secret per se, but by invitation or at least vouch.

Hope things are well with you, Auna.
    Trust yourself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yardape @ Dec 30 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The "staff" will validate applicants as they enter the gate. I don&#39;t think it&#39;s ever been secret per se, but by invitation or at least vouch.

Hope things are well with you, Auna.[/b]
    Yardape!!! How fare you Sir??? Drop me a PM hon!!! And Im doing well, Thank you!

(sorry.. lol not trying to hyjack the thread or anything...) 9 . 9

ck,

I was in the chat forum at eraps, and I asked "angelimnot" about the following comment from your sig:

"A petty matter

The aspd owners have banned ck1942 for reasons known only to them.

So instead of saying "hasta la vista" there, I&#39;ll say "bienvenidos" here."

She stated that you were banned because you downloaded membership information from ASPD.

So, did you?

Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (69er @ Jan 3 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ck,

I was in the chat forum at eraps, and I asked "angelimnot" about the following comment from your sig:

"A petty matter

The aspd owners have banned ck1942 for reasons known only to them.

So instead of saying "hasta la vista" there, I&#39;ll say "bienvenidos" here."

She stated that you were banned because you downloaded membership information from ASPD.

So, did you?[/b]
    Hi,

Well, if he did so what....he did us a favor...if that family really cared about anything we would of heard from them before the passing of the original owner....and when this site was made...there was no mention of nothing from them...so why now? I know i was on that board since aug 2007...and the only people i knew to have run of the board was ck and dennisrn.....so if they built that site to what is today...that is their payment for their hard work...imo!

Sincerely,
    Velvet