Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the lifeboats manned?

RETIRED
    self edited
    Damn glad to be here!
    Visit My Website TopshelfTess.com
    PM or P411 for info.....Screening required!.....Sorry no newbies!

Registered Male (Not Verified) atxbrad's Avatar
    From the subject title "Are the lifeboats manned?" I dont think thats a horrible question. The reality exist that we may be looking for a new home. I dont know that any of us could of or would of done anything different to change this preception of "the board". I think we have a strong and loving community.

my apologies to Tess if I miss understoud the title of this thread.

Verified Hobbyist BCD squiretuck's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atxbrad @ Dec 11 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    From the subject title "Are the lifeboats manned?" I dont think thats a horrible question. The reality exist that we may be looking for a new home. I dont know that any of us could of or would of done anything different to change this preception of "the board". I think we have a strong and loving community.

my apologies to Tess if I miss understoud the title of this thread.[/b]

I think you got the gist of it. Or at least I will say I think I understand it the same way you do.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java

Exclamation

No tears, please

As I posted at the Mother Ship:

Originally posted by ck1942
    The passing of our beloved founder BustyGirl, Amber, has had some effects here.

As of this afternoon, ck1942 is no longer on staff at ASPD.

Many may feel this is justified or not.

Be that as it may, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in this community. I hope that most here feel my contributions have been worthwhile.

I am staying here and playing here and in Austin and Houston and elsewhere too.

See y&#39;all next week.

Happy Hobbying!
    [/i]

For those who have never really looked "beyond ASPD,"...

...the Hobby (cap H) is a very large universe of which we here at Home2 or there at ASPD, or at eccie, or the doggie or the TER, or the Indys, or the more than 100 (yes more than 100) other spaces I have discovered and sometimes explored. Indeed, I frequently prospected there to help expand the Mother Ship membership, and I hope that someone continues that expedition.

Meanwhile, the changes at aspd won&#39;t have much effect here... why should they?

Home2 may now operate under different rules since H2 need not be a virtual clone.

We originally duplicated the forums and the rules here because 1) they made sense and 2) they made being here a bit less complex.

Expect that as time passes further changes will be made at aspd. Ditto, here.

What will not change (in the outside world) are the many things we have in common...

...great people, good times and fun. Especially FUN!

So, as we enter the holiday season, be of good cheer, and, rejoice that ck1942 now has more than a few extra hours in the day to play!
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

RETIRED
    Thanks for the clarification Ck.
    My original post was concern for the continuance of info and communication between board members should ASPD be taken down in anger by the owners. The self editing was an afterthought to keep from looking as uncaring and unsympathetic. That is not the case. I do apologize if anyone was offended.
    Tess
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Dec 11 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No tears, please

As I posted at the Mother Ship:

Originally posted by ck1942
    The passing of our beloved founder BustyGirl, Amber, has had some effects here.

As of this afternoon, ck1942 is no longer on staff at ASPD.

Many may feel this is justified or not.

Be that as it may, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in this community. I hope that most here feel my contributions have been worthwhile.

I am staying here and playing here and in Austin and Houston and elsewhere too.

See y&#39;all next week.

Happy Hobbying!
    [/i]

For those who have never really looked "beyond ASPD,"...

...the Hobby (cap H) is a very large universe of which we here at Home2 or there at ASPD, or at eccie, or the doggie or the TER, or the Indys, or the more than 100 (yes more than 100) other spaces I have discovered and sometimes explored. Indeed, I frequently prospected there to help expand the Mother Ship membership, and I hope that someone continues that expedition.

Meanwhile, the changes at aspd won&#39;t have much effect here... why should they?

Home2 may now operate under different rules since H2 need not be a virtual clone.

We originally duplicated the forums and the rules here because 1) they made sense and 2) they made being here a bit less complex.

Expect that as time passes further changes will be made at aspd. Ditto, here.

What will not change (in the outside world) are the many things we have in common...

...great people, good times and fun. Especially FUN!

So, as we enter the holiday season, be of good cheer, and, rejoice that ck1942 now has more than a few extra hours in the day to play!
    [/b]
    Damn glad to be here!
    Visit My Website TopshelfTess.com
    PM or P411 for info.....Screening required!.....Sorry no newbies!

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Thanks for the explanation.

Right now, Home2 is right where it is.

H2 is just another fragment of the overall family of hobbying communities and those who want to be here and follow the rules here may stay or arrive as "newbies." Registration here is not closed, but it is open to "vouched" members and to members of aspd who we could vouch internally. Those who join H2 in the future will continue to be vouched, and there are no plans to make registration wide open, nor to open "visibility, much as any lurker can see virtually everything at aspd.net or BD or other boards.

Due to the issues elsewhere (not just aspd, obviously) expect some immediate and some not-so-immediate changes here. Progress, I hope, not regression, and hopefully not repression, either.

I do not foresee H2 ever being wide open. H2 was started in order to provider a secure communication area for those who attend events, and expanded rapidly due to the 2 month outage at aspd. Too rapidly, I am sure, since some who joined here may well have other reasons to sign in.

Many on the "things to do or get done" list have been suggested here or elsewhere by members, providers especially, and many revolve around security issues. I&#39;ve already discussed some of these with very well established providers. I suggested to several that they consider establishing their own provider-controlled spaces somewhere on the &#39;net for thier own protection and privacy. I offered to help consult, but not to run, such a site.

All told, every board out there must have its own personality, its own methods and its own ideas. The best and the brightest of the boards will thrive, and since ideas cannot be copyrighted, the best ideas expressed in one place will certainly be adopted by others in some shape or fashion.

Anyone here with ideas or suggestions is always free to send those to the staff privately or, post them publicly.

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

San Antonio - April TBA

Ladies, please note:
    --
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD SofaKingFun's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (topshelf @ Dec 11 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Thanks for the clarification Ck.
    My original post was concern for the continuance of info and communication between board members should ASPD be taken down in anger by the owners. The self editing was an afterthought to keep from looking as uncaring and unsympathetic. That is not the case. I do apologize if anyone was offended.
    Tess[/b]

As always, handled with style, class, and grace.

Tess, you are just....Kick Ass Good Peeps and I luv ya&#39; for it.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Not too change the subject, but I keep hearing about eccie.
    How does one become a member of that site?

www.eccie.net and if you have been in the hobby for any length of time you will see many folks there whose handles are very familiar.

= = = = =

San Antonio - April TBA

Ladies, please note:
    --

Verified Hobbyist BCD offshoredrilling's Avatar
    ck1942
    No tears, just a thank you for all you have done.

Will just have to wait and see where I will all go from here.

"So, as we enter the holiday season, be of good cheer, and, rejoice that ck1942 now has more than a few extra hours in the day to play!"

And have fun with the "few extra hours" sir

thanks for topic Tess
    ------------------
    The Original Kelly
    "For women ... men have two emotional states: hungry and horny - if you see one without an erection, make him a sandwich."

A good MILF knows all about both. How to take care of both. And switch the state if out of bread.

More than one provider call me a spoiled brat.

You know that time when they are on top of you in a 69, they rise their head for air and make sounds of joy. Ya Spank them, they need to get back to work ae.

Verified Companion Companion GenesisNicole's Avatar
    Well, whatever happens to ASPD I will always be grateful to have found such a site, but I must say that I do love that home2 is more private.
    No worries CK! Keep your head up! Thanks for keeping home2 up and running.....

~Blowing kisses~
    *curtsy*
    P411~ https://preferred411.com/P20791
    Screening is required. No exceptions.
    $300/hr.; $400/90 mins.; $500/2 hrs; $600/3hrs; $800/4hrs; $1000/5 hrs; $2000/12hrs; $3000/24hrs

Very grateful to be here.

Thanks, ck.

dtl

Verified Male Companion AidanRedd's Avatar
    I guess my question is, Should this site be promoted? If so, to what extent and how?

(we all know how to promote a website, but to what extent should this one be or not be?)

Verified Hobbyist BCD squiretuck's Avatar
    I am concerned about the health of ASPD and the changes and the recent event in Houston. That said, as long as ASPD is up and I still feel relatively safe there, I will continue to check it out. But the new moderators are going to have their hands full filling the shoes/heels of the moderators they replaced. ck1942, you have been a rock for that site, and I believe have gone way above and beyond what you needed to do to maintain it to making it a great community for those people who share a common interest.

A toast to you, ck1942!

Retired Companion (RIP)
    CK, Thanks for all you have done and will continue to do. I have always loved that this H2 site was more secure than aspd and look forward to keeping in contact with all who call H2 their home.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast