Thread: Strong Bad the single guy

Registered Male (Not Verified) strong bad's Avatar
    Okay after 20 years SB is now single again. While I love seeing the ladies here, I need to get out & seek out some female companionship at other places too. Where do you guys & gals go or know of places to go to meet people? I am completley clueless when it comes to this stuff, any help would be much appreciated. And if you don't want to post in public feel free to PM me, especially any of you ladies with marriage proposals. ;)

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    It never ceases to amaze me that Married guys want their freedom to fool around, until they get their freedom, then they want a steady SO. Seriously? WTF???

After 20 years of marriage you should take a year or more to be single and figure out what you want. The next relationship you enter into in the next FEW MONTHS will typically be just a re-bound and it will not do you or your new GF justice.

That being said - today is an internet dating world - and there are dozens of sites where you can meet a lot of women.

Good luck SB - hope to see you at the 4.7 social. I am sure there will be at least 1 provider would be happy to pretend that she likes you! :blink:
    1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

Tracey
    If you value the advice of a 26 yr-old whos never been married (!) Id say dont be in a rush to replace her. Give yourself plently of time to get over the divorce. You were married for 20 years and "they" say it takes half of the length of the relationship to get over it. So you probably dont want to wait 10 years to start dating again, but rushing into a new relationship on the rebound is not fair to the new woman. You'll probably be comparing her to your xwife and having unrealistic emotional needs that no woman can fill. You have to mentally be able to accept a new woman for who she is, and not to replace what you are missing.

That being said, If you dont already have one, get a good provider or two who can help fill the physical and emotional voids and then, you can go out an start casually dating without feeling pressure or urgency..

You can meet good women at the gym, grocery store, anywhere! And what the hell, its 2009. Theres no shame in match.com.

Verified Hobbyist BCD metal_head's Avatar
    SB might have meant maybe he doesn't want a SO, but to go out with somebody you don't leave an envelope on the counter for. In that case, I'd say Uptown. There's some cool wine bars around that area. Also try Rice Village, but they are mostly younger 20's and so.

Internet dating sucks ass! (I was forced into trying it once)
    "All my life I've been over the top. I don't know what I'm doing, all I know is I don't wanna stop." Ozzy

Check your PM SB.

depends on what your looking for I guess.

I think you should enjoy the freedom and explore your own passion. What have you not done?
    Live a dream. Take a trip. Read a book. LOL!

Just remember sex and passion are not love. Still, I love sex and passion!

Sunny
    I have abandoned my search for truth and am now looking for a great fantasy.

Registered Male (Not Verified) strong bad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (metal_head @ Mar 23 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    SB might have meant maybe he doesn&#39;t want a SO, but to go out with somebody you don&#39;t leave an envelope on the counter for. In that case, I&#39;d say Uptown. There&#39;s some cool wine bars around that area. Also try Rice Village, but they are mostly younger 20&#39;s and so.

Internet dating sucks ass! (I was forced into trying it once)[/b]

You nailed it MH. I didn&#39;t mean to give the impression that I was looking for a new Mrs SB already! But I do thank everyone who replied for their input!

Verified Hobbyist BCD ratboy jam's Avatar
    I figured you left your SO a long time ago...with all the "man-love" you&#39;ve shown for Luis P.!!!!
    There&#39;s a Martini Bar on Sawdust. Try the bars around the Woodlands Waterway. Also, a "holy man" told me that when the weather gets better (at least a few spring/summers ago) that the Market Street by the Mall has live musice (or had) on certain afternoons with eye candy and possible other things GALORE!!
    rbj
    A great new place to contact friends!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ratboy jam @ Mar 24 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I figured you left your SO a long time ago...with all the "man-love" you&#39;ve shown for Luis P.!!!!
    There&#39;s a Martini Bar on Sawdust. Try the bars around the Woodlands Waterway. Also, a "holy man" told me that when the weather gets better (at least a few spring/summers ago) that the Market Street by the Mall has live musice (or had) on certain afternoons with eye candy and possible other things GALORE!!
    rbj[/b]
    Damn Rat, I didn&#39;t know you were such a cornucopia of useful information.

I just may have to come up to your neck of the woods one evening to partake of the local eye candy with you as my tour guide!

BTW, I still have your credit card - I guess you left it at the Pirate Ship the last time we were there - and THANKS! ;)
    1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

SB, there&#39;s nothing like an open-ended period of abstinence for getting a man&#39;s mind right. I strongly recommend it. And when you come out the other side, women will find you a lot more appealing than you would have been without spending time in the box, getting your mind right.

If you do this you will cumulatively get more pussy, and better pussy, than you would have gotten in a lifetime of chasing uninterrupted by solitude and contemplation.

Unless, of course, you up and die first. You don&#39;t want to do that. So if you catch cancer or something don&#39;t wait around worrying about abstinence. Hit it. Hit it hard as you can.

Good Luck.

don t

Verified Hobbyist BCD ratboy jam's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CivilBarrister @ Mar 24 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Damn Rat, I didn&#39;t know you were such a cornucopia of useful information.

I just may have to come up to your neck of the woods one evening to partake of the local eye candy with you as my tour guide!

BTW, I still have your credit card - I guess you left it at the Pirate Ship the last time we were there - and THANKS! ;) [/b]
    DAYUMMM..BTW..I&#39;ve had some strange charges showing up on the bill??What is Chippendales, Numbers Disco, and Liza Minelli in Concert CD set???
    rbj <_< :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
    A great new place to contact friends!!