Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How 'Bout Them Tigers!!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JS42 @ Mar 22 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Hello Sweet Sixteen!! After Mizzou being in the abyss for the last five years, anything now is just gravy! Don&#39;t get me wrong, I wanna win the whole damn thing, but this has been a very successful year.

Go Mizzou!!

M-I-Z!!

Z-O-U!!

:P :P[/b]
    Hey JS off topic a bit but I finally had the pleasure to meet Sasha a couple of times....she is outstanding! Thanks for the review on her. Without your professional opinion I would have passed her by. She&#39;s my new ATF (for now) at least until I find the next one! I&#39;m always hunting. :)

Glad I could help. She is one outstanding provider, and a pretty cool young woman too...
    "Lunatics anonymous, that&#39;s where I belong."

Registered Male (Not Verified) Wizard of Ahhhhs's Avatar
    Never have been and never will be a big Mizzou fan... but congrats to the Tigers for beating Memphis yesterday. It messes my bracket up, but good to see a local Big 12 team advance to Elite 8.

KU will get there next year, but don&#39;t think they have the skillz against the Spartans tonight.
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain..!!!

The woman cums first.. and 2nd... and 3rd.... and... well, you get the idea!

I&#39;m a KU grad but yes...in the tourney will pull for any Big 12 team. MU deserved the win last night...but they allowed Memphis to get a little too close for comfort. I&#39;ll be rooting for them against UCONN.

My heart will be hoping for a Jayhawk win tonight, but my bracket says we can&#39;t get past MSU...unless someone besides Aldrich and Collins show up...lol.
    "The best way to know if you can trust someone, is to trust them." - Hemingway

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deathintheafternoon @ Mar 27 2009, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;m a KU grad but yes...in the tourney will pull for any Big 12 team. MU deserved the win last night...but they allowed Memphis to get a little too close for comfort. I&#39;ll be rooting for them against UCONN.

My heart will be hoping for a Jayhawk win tonight, but my bracket says we can&#39;t get past MSU...unless someone besides Aldrich and Collins show up...lol.[/b]

They did get close for a while there. I don&#39;t know what Calipari said during that timeout when Mizzou was up by 24, but it worked pretty well. Since I&#39;m an MU fan and alumnus, I made the homer pick and had them beating Memphis in my bracket. After last nights performance I&#39;m starting to think they may screw me over and beat UConn who I have as the national champ. Here&#39;s to meeting up with KU in The Final Four!
    An nescis, mi fili, quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?

Congrats to te Mizzou team. It was a hard fought win and they played well enough to win. I guess when you make it from 68 feet theres no question if your behind the line for 3. I will cheer for all the Big 12 teams as long as they are in the tourny.

All that said Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Well, Mizzou&#39;s weakness in the lane really showed up today. That said, they had a great tourney. I don&#39;t think anybody thought they&#39;d get this far at the beginning of the season. Plus, with Safford and Ramsey showing up in a big way I have something to look forward to next season.

Tiger fans can also have bragging rights for the first time in a long time regarding the basketball season outcomes vs. Kansas. A better overall record for the season & also went further in the NCAA tournament, with a split on the head-to-head matchups and the conference championships (KU won the regular season; MU won the Big 12 tournament). To top it off, Missouri did it with "inferior" talent compared to KU. Self getting the Big 12 Coach of the Year honor was total bullshit. Mike Anderson should&#39;ve won it hands-down. Missouri won 15 more games in the 2009 season than in 2008; KU won 10 fewer games in 2009 than 2008. Outside of that miscarriage of justice, Missouri tops Kansas in basketball for 2009!!!

Let me first just say that I&#39;m a Tigers fan, and I don&#39;t really hate the Jawhawks, just their fans ;) In all honesty, bias aside, how the hell was Self the coach of the year? Seriously? He lost a lot of talent sure. He still had a hell of a lot of it left. Collins is awesome when he shows up, and Cole is a freakin monster (a triple double in the tourney?!?!). Those two can take a game over at any time. Mizzou on the other hand had inferior talent, no McD allstars, etc etc. It wasn&#39;t just the tenacity of the kids every game, but the coach that beat into them that level of courage and commitment.

In any case, here is to hoping the Border War is back. You have to admit, it&#39;s much more fun when both sides of the state line are rockin it.

With Anderson starting to interview for other jobs the program at Mizzou may have rough waters ahead again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cright71258 @ Mar 31 2009, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    With Anderson starting to interview for other jobs the program at Mizzou may have rough waters ahead again.[/b]
    Although a couple of schools have inquired, Anderson hasn&#39;t been given permission to speak to anybody yet. He hasn&#39;t even made it clear that he wants to. I would bet that Mizzou is putting together a new contract for him and they are both waiting to see how that works out before anybody really talks about jumping ship.

I believe Memphis was given permission to speak to him yesterday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cright71258 @ Mar 31 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I believe Memphis was given permission to speak to him yesterday.[/b]
    Seeing conflicting reports on that now. ESPN is reporting that he has spoken to Georgia, but MU claims that they have neither been asked for, nor given permission to speak to anybody. Memphis still has Calipari under contract right now so they can&#39;t be "officially" talking to anybody. I bet we get some resolution by the end of the week.

IMHO, I think they should do what they can to keep Anderson, but I&#39;m not sure I&#39;d break the bank for him. Bill Self got a raise to $1.3 mil after he made it to his 5th Elite Eight. By all accounts, Mizzou is offering Anderson that much after one appearance. If reports are correct that he will be offered $2 mil by either Georgia or Memphis, I&#39;m not sure I&#39;d be willing to go that route. That&#39;s asking a lot of your alumni (myself included) for a guy who has proven a lot, but still has a lot to prove.

Looks like Anderson will be staying for a while! Appears he turned down about 2.1 million from Georgia. I&#39;m not sure how good of a coach he will continue to be, but this at least gives us Tigers continued hope for the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2