Thread: Baseball season

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Outside of a suburb of a suburb of Austin
    I went out to the Dell Diamond today for their annual open house. It is almost baseball time. No, I am not really a sports fan but I am learning to like baseball. At least the social aspect. Lots of really good people (except for thirsty Thursdays when beer is cheaper). AAA level ball is pretty good because you get to see those who are really trying to get their first call up and a lot of those who are trying to get another call up.

Mustang Club had a car show out there today also. Lots of nice rods, not just Mtangs. Probably the largest show they have had recently: about 75 or 80 cars. 32's, 39's, t-buckets, 55's. 56's, 57's. Lots to look at. It was a great day to be outside.
    Women will never be equal to men..
    until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are
    sexy!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Epicurus's Avatar
    Still in Never Never Land.. Actually I now live in Singapore! Back in Texas for awhile.
    I am a big fan of the Astros.. But it is going to be a long, long season. Might go some to
    Corpus and watch the Hooks (Astros AA Team). I also go to Round Rock a couple times a season.

Nice parks..

TJ ;)

"Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

I'm a lightweight fan of college baseball (go Horns!), but can't watch a pro game until the playoffs. Just seems too slow.
    The only thing I do is check the standings occasionally for the Astros/Rangers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gentleman8888 @ Mar 7 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I went out to the Dell Diamond today for their annual open house. It is almost baseball time. No, I am not really a sports fan but I am learning to like baseball. At least the social aspect. Lots of really good people (except for thirsty Thursdays when beer is cheaper). AAA level ball is pretty good because you get to see those who are really trying to get their first call up and a lot of those who are trying to get another call up.

Mustang Club had a car show out there today also. Lots of nice rods, not just Mtangs. Probably the largest show they have had recently: about 75 or 80 cars. 32&#39;s, 39&#39;s, t-buckets, 55&#39;s. 56&#39;s, 57&#39;s. Lots to look at. It was a great day to be outside.[/b]
    What major league team are they associated with up there in Austin? Missions donw here in SA are with the San Diego Padres. Hope the Angles have a good season.
    P411 member with 40 Oks

AKA Keyzer Soze

Verified Companion Companion AustinLiv's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Epicurus @ Mar 7 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I am a big fan of the Astros.. But it is going to be a long, long season. Might go some to
    Corpus and watch the Hooks (Astros AA Team). I also go to Round Rock a couple times a season.

Nice parks..

TJ ;)
    [/b]
    The RR Express are a &#39;Stros feeder team as well. Baseball season is my favorite time of year (esp. considering it&#39;s almost 2/3 of the year!
    Visit My Website For Detailed Information

My preferred method of contact is via my Preferred411. If you are not a P411 member, send me an email at livofaustin@gmail.com with at least 2 local provider references.

I am a big baseball fan, but like EZ Man it is very hard to watch a whole game until playoff time. And, I even played 2 years of minor league baseball. I do love to watch Baseball Tonight on ESPN though, gives you all you need on every game in an hour, can&#39;t beat that. Besides, when I do watch a full game I end up screaming at the TV too much. Today&#39;s players are terrible on the fundamentals! No outfielders can throw anymore, no one runs out every hit, when players do make errors the official scorers don&#39;t charge them errors, all anyone does now is swing for the fences. And, I really hate those damn pajama bottoms they all wear now! I swear someday I&#39;m going to lose 50 lbs and make a comeback, wearing the leggings high like you&#39;re supposed to, with lots of sock showing, and legging out every hit!

Grumpy, old TG "Ty Cobb" FBI.

IMHO, baseball in person is a totally different species than watching on TV and minor league ball is special on its own. First, so many of the players really do bust their butts &#39;cuz they&#39;re trying to make &#39;the show.&#39; Then too, you don&#39;t pay a ton to get in and you&#39;re close to the action. You can see the whole field and watch the subtlties of the game(unlike football, where I defy anyone to really be able to see what&#39;s going on without the aid of a jumbotron and replay.) It&#39;s best to go with folks so you can shoot the sh*t while the game unfolds. If only the beer we&#39;re so overpriced.