Thread: Just got charged for another month of BCD

Should I cancel the subscription until ASPD is back?
    Chillin' on the porch.

Yeah, I noticed my BCD charge went through, too. Well, at least that's working!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (16YearItch @ Mar 7 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Should I cancel the subscription until ASPD is back?[/b]

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    From the placeholder page @ ASPD:

"Paid members, bcd members and providers, please contact support@aspd.net for more information."

The actual billing for BCD access is handled by a third-party site which has nothing to do with aspd.net. I recall previous messages indicating that appropriate adjustments will be made. Note also that there have been messages indicating that the mailer function that lets the "@aspd.net" addresses function, has been intermittent as well. What this means is that it may be &#39;a bit&#39; before the message is actively delivered if you send it to an "@aspd.net" address. Then, since most aspd personnel with whom we&#39;re familiar are volunteer, there could be some period of time before they actually get to your message and have time to respond. As to what you "should" do, it depends on your capacity for patience, and your faith in the ultimate outcome over there. Patience is the name of the game. It&#39;ll help your blood pressure. Omphaloskepsis may also help. ;-) YMMV, of course.

Regards,
    According to the multiverse theory there exists an alternate universe where I have the body of a Greek god, I'm filthy rich, have a magnetic personality, and women adore me for more than an hour at a time. I must find that universe, go there, kill that guy and take his place.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Omphaloskepsis is the contemplation of one&#39;s navel as an aid to meditation so you don&#39;t have to go look it up:).

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Does it count if I contemplate someone elses navel...like my ATF&#39;s? BYD

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    If you wish to cancel your subscription, please contact support@aspd.net for details.

LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (16YearItch @ Mar 7 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Should I cancel the subscription until ASPD is back?[/b]
    If you&#39;re set up for auto-billing, you might want to. Or, at least keep track of downtime vs. billings.

Think cable company, ISP, or any other pay-for-content service. If you want a charge-back for interruption of service, I suspect you will need to be proactive.
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sisyphus @ Mar 8 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    If you&#39;re set up for auto-billing, you might want to. Or, at least keep track of downtime vs. billings.

Think cable company, ISP, or any other pay-for-content service. If you want a charge-back for interruption of service, I suspect you will need to be proactive.[/b]
    I qualified for free BCD a long time ago, but never canceled the auto-bill. I figured my $10 could be of help updating the site. Now seems kind of pointless.
    There was one announcement that paid members would receive an adjustment. That seems like an enormous PITA for the volunteer staff for just $10. I don&#39;t begrudge that little bit of money, ASPD is more than worth it. I think I&#39;ll cancel the auto-bill and see if I still qualify for BCD when the site comes back.
    Chillin&#39; on the porch.