Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: aspd update

Thanks for the updates, ck. Greatly appreciate all you are doing for us.

Amber, hope you are ok and feeling better soon!
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, but few understand." - Leo Ernest Durocher

Best wishes Amber and thanks for the update CK.

Something else, lest any of us overlook it. CK mentioned in a post below (Austin - social) that there really ARE some unsavory characters out there whose goal in life seems to be destruction of ASPD and its volunteer staffers, including "outing" and defamation of providers and members. It's grown bad enough, apparently, that open discussion of offline social events had to be placed off-limits. When the new & improved ASPD comes alive, let's all renew our commitment to board & hobby safety & security. I've been around the game a long time and welcomed the advent of electronic interactivity, but I'd never dreamed it could be manipulated to operate in ways as detrimental to the hobby as those that are supportive & favorable.
    Trust yourself.

I hunt you down All Nightmare Long Ghostface147's Avatar
    Thanks for the *long overdue* update on the P.

Registered Male (Not Verified) TexTushHog's Avatar
    Thanks for the update and keep them coming.

Two quick thoughts.

First, a hearty "What he said!!" to Yardape's comments. I think those of us who weren't around for previous crash have really come to see what this little slice of cyberspace means to us, and doing whatever we can to police our world is the least we can do.

Second, I realized how little I know about what it's really taken to establish and sustain ASPD. Being from San Antonio, CK's a little more than a qusai-legendary figue, but I'm ashamed to admit that until now I knew nothing about Amber's role in all of this. So, belatedly, many thanks to you Amber and very best wishes on the health front.

And while we're at it, kudos to all those folks who labor silently to allow those of us who hobby to do so with much greater piece of mind.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Outside of a suburb of a suburb of Austin
    Amber and Jade, we wish for you a speedy and full recovery. You are in our Hearts, our thoughts and our prayers.

ck and all of those who help make our little corner of the world a little better, my sincerest thanks.
    Women will never be equal to men..
    until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are
    sexy!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Retired Companion
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Willn @ Mar 5 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Two quick thoughts.

First, a hearty "What he said!!" to Yardape&#39;s comments. I think those of us who weren&#39;t around for previous crash have really come to see what this little slice of cyberspace means to us, and doing whatever we can to police our world is the least we can do.

Second, I realized how little I know about what it&#39;s really taken to establish and sustain ASPD. Being from San Antonio, CK&#39;s a little more than a qusai-legendary figue, but I&#39;m ashamed to admit that until now I knew nothing about Amber&#39;s role in all of this. So, belatedly, many thanks to you Amber and very best wishes on the health front.

And while we&#39;re at it, kudos to all those folks who labor silently to allow those of us who hobby to do so with much greater piece of mind.[/b]
    Carey

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    That would be great...BYD

Hobby Addict
    CK -- I do appreciate the updates. But I got to call bullshit on this delay.....

I&#39;ve never seen an internet/website business go down for a whole month.....and come back.....simply do to a crash....if you have some news for us, like "shit ain&#39;t coming back" please share it. Or as the belated Paul Harvey would say, what is the rest of the story?

And to my friends out there that rely on PMs for communication purposes, request actual email addresses so you can stay in touch.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    AC -

I cannot argue with your logic.

We all have to be patient. Those of us who are will be rewarded.

Meanwhile, the real purpose of the hobby is having "fun."

I did my part in the past 7 days, three times; hope you have done yours!
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atlcomedy @ Mar 8 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    CK -- I do appreciate the updates. But I got to call bullshit on this delay.....

I&#39;ve never seen an internet/website business go down for a whole month.....and come back.....simply do to a crash....if you have some news for us, like "shit ain&#39;t coming back" please share it. Or as the belated Paul Harvey would say, what is the rest of the story?

And to my friends out there that rely on PMs for communication purposes, request actual email addresses so you can stay in touch.[/b]
    Alt, I think that you are out of line. If you do not know firsthand what is going on, how can you call bullshit???
    Do you know why the crash happened? Do you know what is being done to save or preserve the billions of bytes of data? The folks here are volunteers and are working for you. If you paid for BCD either cancel or accept the fact that this is taking longer than ANYONE wants it to. If you earned it then use this as an excuse to hobby more and get some practice writing reviews.

Just my .04 worth (that is what it takes to have an equivalent of .02 since last year.)
    until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are
    sexy!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    ck,

Me three, too!
    sexy!

Hobby Addict
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gentleman8888 @ Mar 8 2009, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ck,

Me three, too![/b]

You guys got me beat, I only did 2 in the last seven days

8888- I&#39;ll ask the tough questions when no one else seems willing to do so -- I&#39;m not looking to win any popularity contests

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atlcomedy @ Mar 9 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;ll ask the tough questions when no one else seems willing to do so[/b]
    You do have to &#39;pick your battles, or pick your spots, though.&#39;

I&#39;ve been known to do the same thing, sometimes. I&#39;ve been labeled a &#39;troublemaker&#39; for simply being willing to ask the occasional &#39;inconvenient question,&#39; state the &#39;inconvenient truth,&#39; for making a point of fingering the 800lb gorilla in the room, or for cutting through the krap and yelling boolschyet.

But understand that many don&#39;t always see the merit in doing so; at least not immediately. Some never do. You also stand to get labeled many things, most of them at best neutral, at worst, negative. Weigh the situation, and calculate the losses/gains. As long as you&#39;re OK with that, proceed. Just know what you&#39;re getting into.

Just one Don Quixote to another... ;)

Regards,
    According to the multiverse theory there exists an alternate universe where I have the body of a Greek god, I'm filthy rich, have a magnetic personality, and women adore me for more than an hour at a time. I must find that universe, go there, kill that guy and take his place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast