Agreed Jugglover. I tried baking it once, total fail and it was rubbery. WTF? I will just fry it in a cast iron and call it Fuck ya!

The only time I really stick to a recipe is when baking pastry like foods. Still it's no guarantee. I'm no chef, but only once in a blue moon have I said, " crew, load up we're eating out tonight ".

So I have a new low carb yum yum. Red cabbage chopped up good, sprinkled with salt n peppa, lots of garlic powder, Thyme and Rosemary. Make sure it ground thyme. Slathered with melted butter and baked. I cover with tin foil to keep moisture in.

The other day cuz I'm an idiot I forgot to steam the cauliflower I was serving with spaghetti. So in a pinch I used the pasta water to boil the cauliflower, then strained and slathered in butter, salt n peppa. I think I actually liked it better that way, boiled. It cooked quicker too.

Tonight I made chicken quesadillas. I serve salad before to make sure everyone gets their greens lol. But, didn't have tomatoes, so I opened a can of petites with green chilis, drained in strainer and served over greens with a seasame oil with a dash of salt. It worked... That's how I cook! I do try to stick with whole foods. But sometimes consessions must be made.

Tomorrow night it will be hamburger stew. We just had it, but it was requested. I use 80/20 and don't drain fat. I dump in lots of water and a big bag of frozen mix veggies, big can of diced tomatoes and big can tomatoe sauce, one big chopped onion, and about have of a bunch of whole garlic chopped and smooshed. I don't measure spices/seasonings. I use garlic piwder, salt n peppa, Italian season, powdered beef bullion and Worcester sauce. I have a huge stockpot. Sometimes I freeze extra or save for a day latter in the week. And if I'm feeling peppy or its super cold outside I make Paula Deens cornbread. I butter my milk with vinegar.