Thread: Looking at the brightside: A Newbie's Perpspective

Verified Companion Companion AustinLiv's Avatar
    While I've been a longtime ASPD lurker, I only decided to crawl out from my UTR rock about 4 days prior to what I shall refer to from here on out as The Incident. I was officially granted provider status on Black Saturday, I am a master when it comes to timing. While I could have screamed and cried "woe is me!" I am choosing to remain positive about this. As a relatively low volume kind of gal, it's almost been a boon for me! Sure, screening has been made slightly more inconvenient, but c'est la vie. It's given me a chance to hone my TCB skills, among many other things.

Honestly, I think I'm actually lucky to have joined the scene just prior to The Incident. Things are going great for me so far, I've already made some truly amazing friends. I think what I'm trying to say is I don't really know what I'm missing. I'm not sitting here pulling my hair out in frustration. So, when it comes back (which is likely to happen soon) I think I will be exponentially more appreciative of all that ASPD has to offer, and I won't take it for granted. I sincerely hope that we all will.

Take care everyone!

Visit My Website For Detailed Information

My preferred method of contact is via my Preferred411. If you are not a P411 member, send me an email at livofaustin@gmail.com with at least 2 local provider references.

Retired Companion
    Welcome to the temporary version of aspd, Liz. I'm sure that on this temp site and the new aspd, you will find the most helpful and kind people in the biz. I have not been on that long myself, but it didnt take too much for me to jump with both feet in. Honestly, I think it is much better that you joined when you did. If you joined when the site first started having slowdowns and problems, you could have been way too frustrated with it to stick to it. As with all sites it is not perfect, but above and beyond anything else in this area.

With the economy and aspd issues, we are all looking for alternatives, but either way hang in there with this site, if anything for the safety net of having other providers to reference with.

Best wishes!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Monk Rasputin's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Austin Liz @ Feb 16 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I think I will be exponentially more appreciative of all that ASPD has to offer, and I won&#39;t take it for granted. I sincerely hope that we all will.[/b]
    Liz, welcome to our band in exile. In a very short time, your wit and charm and wisdom and candor have endeared you to many here. And your beauty – it’s the stuff poets write about.

Russians say «Хорошее начало половина дела.» Loosely, “Well begun is half done.” Well begun, Liz!

Russians also say «И слепая курица иной раз зерно найдёт.» Loosely, “Even a blind chicken finds the grain sometimes.” But that’s more about me than you.

Monk
    Живи и жить давай другим
    “Live and let live”

Liz, if you&#39;re getting the appointments you need, then the only thing you&#39;ve missed out on while ASPD&#39;s been down is the wealth of other features and interactive opportunities. There&#39;ll be time enough to get your arms around them once ASPD comes back up. So it&#39;s good news that you&#39;re doing good.
    Trust yourself.

Still Looking Around
    Hi Liz,

I have to say meeting you yesterday was an absolute delight, you made me feel very welcome and the whole session was so natural and comfortable, you definite gave be the best GFE I have had in a while!

I can&#39;t think what you possibly mean about improving your BCD skills, everything was just right for my taste (LOL). I certainly look forward to our next session which I hope will not be too far away!

BWW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boredwithwife @ Feb 18 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I can&#39;t think what you possibly mean about improving your BCD skills, ...

BWW[/b]
    I think she actually said she was working on improving her TCB skills.

Although, I suppose one could argue they&#39;re one in the same... :P

TCB...BCD...it&#39;s all A-OK!!!
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be