Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: View from the Pecos

Verified Hobbyist
    Back at the turn of the century (19th) lobster was considered to be a poor man's food, now it's just an overpriced delicacy.

Kind of like what us Tex-Mex folk have done with Chicken fried steak, turned scrape meat into a patty, beat the shit out of it, batter and fry it and BAM instant overpriced delicacy.
    Live life to the fullest, the graveyards are full of people that were too busy to die.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schertzguy @ Mar 3 2009, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Back at the turn of the century (19th) lobster was considered to be a poor man&#39;s food, now it&#39;s just an overpriced delicacy.[/b]
    But that&#39;s why a lobster roll is so good. It returns lobster to its humble origins. It&#39;s just lobster, a smidge of diced onion, diced celery, mayonaise, some lime or lemon juice all placed in one of those grilled New England hot dog rolls that are split on the top and not on the side. Some guys tart &#39;em up with creme fraiche and tarragon, but it&#39;s still fast food at heart.

And, the ladies love &#39;em.

A4N

Verified Hobbyist BCD Monk Rasputin's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Awl4knot @ Mar 3 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Some guys tart &#39;em up with creme fraiche and tarragon, but it&#39;s still fast food at heart.[/b]
    Ain&#39;t puttin&#39; no tarragon on my virtuous guy, nope.

Anent "fast food at heart," I don&#39;t know if you have seen the "sushi and kale" Valentine&#39;s day thread. This one...

http://home2.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=406

Creme fraiche, indeed.

Monk
    Живи и жить давай другим
    “Live and let live”

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Outside of a suburb of a suburb of Austin
    Y&#39;all are making me hungry...I think that I will go eat one of our Austin Adorables!!!!!!!
    Women will never be equal to men..
    until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are
    sexy!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monk Rasputin @ Mar 3 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ain&#39;t puttin&#39; no tarragon on my virtuous guy, nope.

Anent "fast food at heart," I don&#39;t know if you have seen the "sushi and kale" Valentine&#39;s day thread. This one...

http://home2.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=406

Creme fraiche, indeed.

Monk[/b]
    Monk,

I did see that remarkable bit of photography, and now I know why food stylists for the glossy magazines make the big bucks. I thought for sure that you used some Wasabi to spark that curious item on the kale, but what do I know?

I have a date tomorrow and I&#39;m bringing lobster rolls and I was thinking that maybe I could talk her into letting me spread some of that lovely stuff on her split roll so I could photograph it for Monk, but reality set in and I realized that she would never believe that grown ups still play with their food. Besides, at $29.00 a pound I ain&#39;t wasting good seafood for a cheap laugh.

Wish me luck!

Awl4knot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2