Thread: Hypothetically Speaking, What If ASPD Crashes?

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar
    It was made mention on ASPD to copy and save important information incase ASPD crashes. I have saved all my reviews, but they are links to the review… Is it all right to copy and paste "my" (reviews written about me) on my website if need be? I have tons of them, but if the ASPD site crashes the links will no longer work.

FWIW, there are several sites that I cannot join unless I give review links, being that most of mine are ASPD, I figured it was best to save them in a word document. If and again “hypothetically speaking” ASPD crashes, will the reviews be saved or salvaged, and is it okay to paste the reviews (aspd format) on my website?

It has been asked to keep this board private, which I will respect, but I am confused should I assume If I get a review on this board, I will not be able to post a link to the review, even though some sites require reviews for verification? I would think this would be a concern for the hobbyist who would like to post a review and get credit for it as well.
    If this is the case with this board and privacy,,, should I recommend my client write his review on another review board, since it is skeptical ASPD will survive and they are probably not a member here?
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

I thought all was doom and gloom when I got the original email invite to this board. CK1942's further explanation of the contingency plan on ASPD Houston's Coed, has been reassuring and put me at ease. Please disregard, or delete this post, I was confused at the time. Thanks Alexis.

Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Alexis - you raised some decent issues.

First off, while there is the possibility that aspd will again crash, given the level of attention by the board owner, imho the probability of a crash is lower than it was last week. That said,

-- aspd policy on copying reviews is what it is -- don't do it. But, it would only make sense to me, to "save" a review thread, page, in HTML, that is as a browser page. That way you have two tings going for you, one is a copy of what is visible to the world, and indeed you may need that copy sometime or another; another thing you'll have, I think, is a link to that review that you may use or offer elsewhere.

I shouldn't expect too many, or any, reviews being posted here in the near or long term. That's not what HOME2 is about. We built those forums just in case of contingency. You know, like having a fire extinguisher in the kitchen in case the oven or the stove inflames. If you don't have one of those handy, it's a little late to pile in the car to Home Depot or Wal-Mart to get one in case of fire.

I suspect that links to much of anything here will not operate properly because our "front door" is closed to those. Or, it is supposed to be.

We appreciate your keeping this place "private;" some folks just couldn't stop their leaking and have posted elsewhere.

Certainly, I did not expect this site to be kept secret or private very long. That's the way of the 'net these days. And, to a degree, I have some pity for the leakers...that's their way of trying to participate at aspd, too. They couldn't easily follow the rules, bent or broke them too many times and exited through the trap door.

Funny thing is, they "self-identify" by blaring and blaming about aspd elsewhere.

Pretty sad for folks whose satisfaction comes from trying to tear down a community instead of contributing to building one.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD metal_head's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Jan 26 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Pretty sad for folks whose satisfaction comes from trying to tear down a community instead of contributing to building one.[/b]

Funny CK, it sounds almost like what Obama said durring his first speech as President. It was something like the people of the Muslim World will look to its leaders for what they can build rather than what they destroy. CK, I thought you were Republican. lol
    "All my life I&#39;ve been over the top. I don&#39;t know what I&#39;m doing, all I know is I don&#39;t wanna stop." Ozzy

Thanks CK. I have a copy of all the html links, but if the board does go down, the links will be no good, right?

My thoughts on this;
    It is a small-minded game people are playing in the cybernet-hobby-world and in all truth, it really bothers me when a hobbyist, providers livelihood, family and identity are put in harm’s way, because of jealousy, greed and competition.

The hobby is a fantasy world and nothing is for real, this means providers being friends and trusting other providers , hobbyist and providers dating and other hobbyist befriending hobbyist. I have seen fantasy friendships and relationships turn real ugly and the aftermath is someone getting threatened, outed, hurt or worse.

Folks should stick to the basis of Hobby etiquette, be polite, respectful of others and their privacy, and respect the hobby as the fantasy world it is. Stop the shit stirring games that are being played amongst the various boards, there is enough of the hobby world to go around without having the high school mentality clichs .

What is a game/ hobby for some is a way of life for me (for the meantime that is). I keep to myself and I like to remain private. I contribute to the board community, because I am a social individual. Do I take these hobby boards seriously? No! The fine line is when people think or take the fantasy into reality. Thank God, it is only a business for me… :P

There is no one you can trust in the hobby world, everyone has a need and an many an underlying agenda, the name of the game is money which eventually turns to greed. I guess what I am trying to say is pure and simple; "love all trust few and row your own canoe".

CK, thank you for looking out for us ladies and as for the small minded hobbyist,, every man for themselves,, what goes around will eventually come around. I think ASPD is a great board, and it is sad to see others who are jealous try to tear it down. Kudos to You and Amber, keep doing what y’all do because you are good at it.

Personally I&#39;m glad to have both aspd and home2. The great thing about aspd is how open it is, anyone can participate, new information coming in from god-knows-where and we learn how to judge its credibility. But an issue may come up that needs a higher level of privacy, and I&#39;m glad for a place like this one.
    Fais ce que tu voudras

I have to disagree with you Alexis on the trust issue.
    I believe trust is VERY important in this hobby.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    For whatever reason there&#39;s always people who are not content to let others have fun and among the former always some who try to tear down what others have built.

ASPD is still there; but it is not operating right now. We all know what happened, so shed no tears. We will be back.

All of the databases appear to be intact, but obviously some major repairs and some major increases in security are necessary before ASPD can comeback on line.

Meanwhile the very best thing any of us can do (well, maybe not those "very best things") is try to make HOME2 work as best we can for our community.... we may not have all the data resources, but we certainly can have all the people... and imho the people are the real resources in our little corner of the &#39;net.

Since we do have access to the member data base, please let folks that you know who are not here, to get their browsers and keyboards heading in our direction. Tell them to please use their aspd handle and aspd profile email address so we can get them on board as quickly as possible.

And, for all of us in Houston:

Mardi Gras Social!

Wednesday, February 18

The invites went out last week and reminders will be forthcoming, or is that going?

And the response so far has been very good.

A reminder to those on the Houston list -- if we don&#39;t hear back that you are not attending, the assumption (as for the previoius social) is that you are attending. Which means we will have a CROWD!

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

San Antonio - April TBA

Ladies, please note:
    --
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    Thanks for the update CK;

And yes, there is going to be a CROWD at this Social!
    1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

Registered Male (Not Verified) Epicurus's Avatar
    Still in Never Never Land.. Actually I now live in Singapore! Back in Texas for awhile.
    I fear the die is cast.

ASPD&#39;s enemies will not rest until they force us into a corner.

I do not feel it is, "Will ASPD crash again?" but, "When will it crash again?" and "Will it be this bad next time?" :(

TJ ;)

TJ -

don&#39;t be a gloomy Gus.

No matter what happens to "hobby boards" the Hobby ain&#39;t gonna die, go away or recede into memory. First off, it&#39;s only on the wrong side of the law in a few nations (only one on this continent), so electrons aside, the issue will be "how does one protect from hijackers?"

The easy answer is "durn near impossible to prevent a crash."

The real answer is "back up, back up, back up" and I&#39;m shouting directions to the turnip truck driver.

ASPD has back-ups a plenty, but they must be screened and validated for any "live" time bombs left behind. That takes time.

Rest assured that per what I have posted elsewhere, there&#39;s no member personal data (no real names, no DL numbers, no CC numbers, no street or city addresses) present in any data base to be lost.

Because we don&#39;t ask for, nor do we get such data.

Unless a member&#39;s user name is his or her real world name, (ditto for an email addy), there&#39;s nothing personal here.

And, those members who put real world MySpaces or FaceBooks into their profiles, get an automatic nudge from Support to remove those. And if those links have any RW people data in them, like family, kids, etc., those links are killed by Support and a warning sent.

So, you say, when the heck will ASPD be back on line? And will it be protected from party crashers?

I don&#39;t know the answer to the first, and I sure as heck expect a strong HELL YES on the second.

= = = = =

San Antonio - April TBA

Ladies, please note:
    --

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tbone2u @ Feb 11 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I have to disagree with you Alexis on the trust issue.
    I believe trust is VERY important in this hobby.[/b]
    Trust is essential in life, but the stone cold truth is that in a hobby environment you cannot trust everyone. Case in example, is the pissed off individual or individuals who have hacked up ASPD. I am sure they started off as a good egg with good intention, friends with everyone, but eventually getting pissed off, going to the lengths of threats and destruction? There are many chameleons in the hobby and when tit comes to tat and someone goes down,,, guess what? They are going to take others with them.

I believe in acquaintances in the hobby but not BFF’s. I have work ethics and I do believe there should be a sistership among providers, but to keep it business. Friends do not mix with business in my book.
    I have clients I trust, but I do not get into their personal life as I will not let them in mine. When I feel a client is getting to close or becomes infatuated, I stop seeing him.
    I have dealt with individuals whom I thought were friends turn on me, threaten my livelihood and stalk me. Trust who you want tbone2u, but just some words of advice; always watch your back and do not let others get to close to your private non-hobby life.

CK1942,, all good things come to those who wait,, huh!

Alexis….Are you saying that if I decided to book a session with you that I shouldn’t “trust” other people’s reviews of you and the I shouldn’t trust the way you represent yourself to the board as a good provider?
    I don’t always believe all the reviews and I don’t always believe some of the provider ads but after being on this board close to three years I have made some good friends that I DO trust.
    I wouldn’t want to go through life without having some trust in my fellow man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tbone2u @ Feb 12 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Alexis….Are you saying that if I decided to book a session with you that I shouldn’t “trust” other people’s reviews of you and the I shouldn’t trust the way you represent yourself to the board as a good provider?
    I don’t always believe all the reviews and I don’t always believe some of the provider ads but after being on this board close to three years I have made some good friends that I DO trust.
    I wouldn’t want to go through life without having some trust in my fellow man.[/b]
    The trust I speak of is friendships and relationships (dating) in the hobby. Nothing to do with reviews. Simply saying, just stay on your toes and do not let hobbyist or providers get to close to your personal non hobby life.