Thread: Is Home2 a private Board?

I've got a quick non-tech question. Is Home2 an invite only board or is it open to the public?
    Fais ce que tu voudras

It's private, by invitation only. If you know someone who is legit, contact one of your local mods or ck1942 and let them handle it

LAP
    It's called the hobby for a reason, it's supposed to be something you enjoy doing. If you find that your no longer enjoying this...do something else.

I haven't heard anything different than what the e-mail CK sent out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    ...Y&#39;all are among the first to hear; please do not share this site with anyone...[/b]
    I don&#39;t know if things have changed yet...

Just read LAP&#39;s response, thanks LAP
    I'm glad I quit lurking, oh gawd I'm glad I quit lurking!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lickalotapus @ Jan 21 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It&#39;s private, by invitation only.[/b]
    Great. So if someone tries to register here and isn&#39;t on the guest list, they can&#39;t get in, right? I couldn&#39;t really tell from the registration process.
    Fais ce que tu voudras

All registrations have to be approved manually by the admins. They have tools in place to verify the handle as legit.

Keep in mind nothing is truly "private" on the internet.

LAP
    It&#39;s called the hobby for a reason, it&#39;s supposed to be something you enjoy doing. If you find that your no longer enjoying this...do something else.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    There are no "meta-tags" for this board, meaning there is nothing public unless someone here or someone out there with access to the address blabs.

The intent is and will continue to be that this is a private space mainly for folks on the social lists. Currently on the lists for sure; past invites on the lists as well, as long as nothing has happened to cause a removal, I consider them still "vouched."

We all "know" many folks out there and elsewhere who we may consider very reliable. That said, nominations are open, and, if the creeks don&#39;t rise, we won&#39;t expand access to this community much beyond the original intent.

However, in event of a catastrophe, Austin, Dallas, Houstin, San Antonio staff at aspd supported HOME2 as a temporary gathering place for aspd "refugees" until the main community spaces recover.

Trust me, I don&#39;t have an easy, "automated" way of verifying any individual who applies here, much less dozens or hundreds at a time. And if there is such a process within, I haven&#39;t had time to search it out, much less deploy it.

One of the biggest functions at aspd that I really admired (when it was working) was the "send a link via email" which helped grow the site, I&#39;m sure.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Figuring It Out Companion Ginger Taylor's Avatar
    I have to say that i love this board being private. Thank you all for making it one. I think private boards are the way to go. Just my 2 cents. It will keep us all safer and keep the undesirables away. Thanks again for caring...

Verified Hobbyist BCD ratboy jam's Avatar
    Private is good!
    mj
    A great new place to contact friends!!